The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Jake

Mod
I think we need to combine all rutgers related stuff here. So if you want to rant about any if the litany of issues they're having, do it here.

Including:

1) the lying AD
2) the never ending list of football decommitts
3) former coach Schiano setting the Buccaneers back to the stone ages
4) their BB teams annual suckiness
5) the ongoing bullying issues that are present in their athletic programs
6) Kyle floods general incompetence
7) rutgers fan reactions to any of the above

I'm sure theres more, but frankly I can't keep up. Instead of 15 threads, we should just post it here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't forget Delany's comments. "Sure, she's not pretty, but come on, that's not what you hire her for."

#1 is a hoot. A hire with a tarnished history, with the tarnished history being exactly the subject matter that got the previous AD fired. So one would think she would be on her very best behavior. Nope. First shot out of the box and she blatantly lies - on the subject matter of both hers and Rutgers troubled history. You can't make this stuff up.

RutgersSam on Rivals (11/19):

Geez we suck at everything..

After watching yet another loss by our basketball team tonite, and after our football program's complete and utter ineptitude, and after watching years and years of below average incompetence from both programs, I'm just friggin exhausted. Like mentally exhausted. I'm sick of defending RU whenever a fan of another program denigrated us. I'm sick of spending thousands of dollars through the years on tickets, gear, travel, etc, only to be repaid in bitter, stinging losses. I'm sick of waiting for an intelligent, experienced and capable leader to be hired at Rutgers. I'm sick of having a few mid tier bowl games and a good APR score as my only ammunition when extolling the recent accomplishments of my favorite school. I'm sick of watching nearly every big game we've played end in a loss that I knew was coming. Even by random dumb luck we should have made 1 NCAA tournament, or won the Big East in football outright once over the last 20 years. Being a Rutgers fan is an arduous, torturous endeavor and I need a break.

http://rutgers.ri vals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=642&tid=168596056&mid=168596056&sid=988&style=2

Case closed.

After watching yet another loss by our basketball team tonite, and after our football program's complete and utter ineptitude, and after watching years and years of below average incompetence from both programs, I'm just friggin exhausted. Like mentally exhausted. I'm sick of defending RU whenever a fan of another program denigrated us. I'm sick of spending thousands of dollars through the years on tickets, gear, travel, etc, only to be repaid in bitter, stinging losses. I'm sick of waiting for an intelligent, experienced and capable leader to be hired at Rutgers. I'm sick of having a few mid tier bowl games and a good APR score as my only ammunition when extolling the recent accomplishments of my favorite school. I'm sick of watching nearly every big game we've played end in a loss that I knew was coming. Even by random dumb luck we should have made 1 NCAA tournament, or won the Big East in football outright once over the last 20 years. Being a Rutgers fan is an arduous, torturous endeavor and I need a break.

http://rutgers.ri vals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=642&tid=168596056&mid=168596056&sid=988&style=2

I apologize for going kinda off topic. I'm going to include West Virginia and UConn in this thread. Who would have thought in the GRob years we could laugh at all three of those teams in 2013? I'm am truly enjoying this year. (Ok dumpster fire reminded me of couch burning so...and UConn...well . (I owe Marsh a quarter) ;) (Strictly from a football POV)

This is all playing out perfectly. It's very important that RU have some success in the b10 in their first 5 years, for perception alone. They could pull the smoke and mirrors on those guys, too. But any success is starting to look less and less likely.

Now we just need Coach O'Brien to leave for the NFL.

You may want to make a 2a and 2b for current decommits and current players transferring or simply leaving outright. Savon come to rut-gers...

Having lived in Northern NJ for 15 years before moving to AZ 4 years ago I can say unequivocally (wow, I spelled it right on the first try) they are not NYs team, and their share of the NY TV market (the one the Big 10 thinks they are going to get) is near a big fat zero. The NJ Rutgers fans only wake up for the bowl games. Otherwise the school has no relevance in the NY market or any market for that matter. Penn State on the other hand has a big presence in NJ and a much larger share of that TV market. Oh wait. They are already in the Big 10. So why did they take Rutgers????

It's about (as I understand it), TV sets and forced cable subscriptions vs actual viewers.

I'm now struggling with depression after reading that suckhole of a thread.

It's about (as I understand it), TV sets and forced cable subscriptions vs actual viewers.

How realistic is this though? I had FIOS when I lived in Bergen County, B1G Network was standard already. I have DirecTV now in Central Jersey, again I have B1G with no sportspackage. How much do they project to make?

Also, in all honesty, no one here cares about Rutgers. There is def the typical NY/NJ Metro bandwagon fan, that shows up when things are rosy (see there 2006 LVille game). But honestly, that had more to do with their decades of sucking. I mean, they played LVille last year, at home to close the season, and didnt even sell out, it wasnt close to the event 2006 was.

With so many people cutting cable, there is no way on earth they get BIG standard on cable packages. All the B1G alums in the area, are already paying for it, if they want to see Mich, tOSU etc.

They turned there nose at the AAC, and cant even compete. They will get smoked by UCF, and could lose one of if not both to UConn and USF.

They have reason to be worried, they need to look no further than our GRob years and UConn Coach P years to see the ineptitude that awaits with a bad hire.

My favorite post in that thread is by Wheezer:

"we don't just suck...

if we were a medicine, we would be time-release suck...

long acting suck...

12 hour sustained release suck

we don't just suck"

As a long time resident of the Grden State, it is refreshing to see their fanbase get a dose of reality that was sorely overdue!

Also unsurprisingly Rutgers seems to suck at every Olympic sport as well according to this poster.

"Mens basketball is not alone in this sea of woe. I follow all the non-revenues and that group for the most part is pretty sad. As one sad example, volleyball did not win a single conference match this year (and lost many matches 3-0), not one, despite our conference not being the abode of college volleyball luminaries. We had one of our best years in field hockey in recent years and yet we didn't even make the conference playoffs. Womens golfs had a spectacular player from CA last year, but she transferred to Baylor bringing us back to our mediocrity. Even womens soccer, a decent, if rarely national spotlight team, with the great Jonelle Foligno (albeit injured for several games at the end), failed to get past the first round of the NCAA's, missing an astounding three of three (or maybe 4 of 4) PK's at the end. One of the top young players on the baseball team has transferred to Cal Berkeley and we continue to lack pitching on that squad. Very sad. We will finish the fall sports season without a single team with any national ranking and no AA's or other national recognition of any kind.
Also, if you look at who Vivian Stringer signed yesterday in the pre-signing period - wow, how the mighty have fallen - 2 very low-level recruits for that program. Though, since I'm in the camp that it's probably time to think about a new womens coach (her lack of winning now fails to counterbalance her general view that anything at RU other than her program isn't relevant), maybe the decline in the program isn't so bad in the long term if it hastens her departure."

How realistic is this though? I had FIOS when I lived in Bergen County, B1G Network was standard already. I have DirecTV now in Central Jersey, again I have B1G with no sportspackage. How much do they project to make?

The B1G gets to collect more from the cable operators in NJ because NJ becomes a B1G state as of July 1. 2014. The same thing will happen in Md. The price structure runs along the lines of $.10 per subscriber in non-B1G states and $1 per subscriber in B1G states. I would imagine they have some sort of similar structure for the satellite operators. The most outrageous thing they want is to have the BTN be a basic-tier cable channel like ESPN rather than a premium channel.

The 14 Rutgers fans who bought the 32 tickets to the NIT are really pissed right now.
They bought tickets? I thought they were planning on watching it on TV.

Well it only took a couple years, but finally people are learning how to use a topic view-based message board.

Kudos, Jake.

The most outrageous thing they want is to have the BTN be a basic-tier cable channel like ESPN rather than a premium channel.

this is true but i just cant see it happening in new jersey or maryland. dont think there's enough support to move the dial if the providers say now away when faced with having to raise subscriber rates.

Well it only took a couple years, but finally people are learning how to use a topic view-based message board.

Kudos, Jake.

LOL

Can we also do this for the endless, annoying Kentucky threads on the hoops side? I don't know how many more "OMG Cal is a cheater!!!!111!!!1!" threads I can take over there.

Also, in all honesty, no one here cares about Rutgers. There is def the typical NY/NJ Metro bandwagon fan, that shows up when things are rosy (see there 2006 LVille game). But honestly, that had more to do with their decades of sucking. I mean, they played LVille last year, at home to close the season, and didnt even sell out, it wasnt close to the event 2006 was.

With so many people cutting cable, there is no way on earth they get BIG standard on cable packages. All the B1G alums in the area, are already paying for it, if they want to see Mich, tOSU etc.

They turned there nose at the AAC, and cant even compete. They will get smoked by UCF, and could lose one of if not both to UConn and USF.

They have reason to be worried, they need to look no further than our GRob years and UConn Coach P years to see the ineptitude that awaits with a bad hire.
Same here. I'm pretty sure I had it on standard Cablevision (Morris County) before I switched to Fios. I really don't know how big of a bump they will get.