The Americans | Syracusefan.com

The Americans

Guinness

Living Legend
Anyone else watching this on show on FX? I had low expectations going in but it has really been a nice surprise so far. Looks like it will be a keeper.

Been watching, but I haven't seen last nights episode yet.

Great soundtrack.

I was going to start a post on this. We have the first 3 episodes recorded but havent watched it yet. Good show i take it?

I have not seen this week's episode yet but the first two were fantastic.

I just finished watching the third episode a few minutes ago. It was the best episode yet. This show is really, really well done. I fully expect it to get plenty of Emmy nominations.

FX shows... I give almost every one of them a chance. They just have put out so many hits... The Shield, Rescue Me, Terriers, Sons of Anarchy. Not to mention their comedies. The Americans seems like it will not disappoint.

FX shows... I give almost every one of them a chance. They just have put out so many hits... The Shield, Rescue Me, Terriers, Sons of Anarchy. Not to mention their comedies. The Americans seems like it will not disappoint.
I just got a little misty eyed thinking about Terriers. One of my favorite shows ever.

Of course, I'll ignore the fact that when listing FX shows, you didn't mention Justified.

Okay, if you guys are not watching this show but enjoy good television, you are doing everything wrong.

I'm only six or seven minutes into tonight's episode, and it's already six or seven better minutes of television than most shows give you in half an hour.

Okay, if you guys are not watching this show but enjoy good television, you are doing everything wrong.

I'm only six or seven minutes into tonight's episode, and it's already six or seven better minutes of television than most shows give you in half an hour.

We watched episode one last night. Should be able to knock a few more out tonight. Looks like an awesome show

They got the green light for another season. I'm in love with this show

The last two episodes have been absolutely phenomenal. This show is really hitting its stride.

they are now half way through their final season, which is shaping up to be the best of their terrific 6 year run

Stan catching on after...6 seasons in the brink of 1 episode was way too quick for my taste. Other than that this has been a great season

i'm worried for stan ... i fear renee is a soviet plant put in place to protect philip & elizabeth

i'm worried for stan ... i fear renee is a soviet plant put in place to protect philip & elizabeth

I thought that the moment she became a "character" on the show, but unless they are planning it to be some sort of last minute surprise she really has shown nothing on the Soviet side. Well, maybe a few things besides being with Stan, she really did want to get in the FBI. Then again, maybe if she is there as a Soviet plant, she is there to watch Philip and not protect him, as he is "out" of the spy game.

I suspect either Elizabeth and/or Philip will get arrested and a prisoner swap will take place involving their relocation back to USSR.
I'm surprised Philip hasn't done something to alleviate his financial problems. Maybe his conscience is stopping him..

I thought that the moment she became a "character" on the show, but unless they are planning it to be some sort of last minute surprise she really has shown nothing on the Soviet side. Well, maybe a few things besides being with Stan, she really did want to get in the FBI. Then again, maybe if she is there as a Soviet plant, she is there to watch Philip and not protect him, as he is "out" of the spy game.
i would agree if it was some other actress. the thing is, laurie holden is not just a bit part actress. her rate is much higher than, say, the woman who played marilyn. why pay that money if you are not going to use her for something big? or is that too meta?

I am predicting that Paige is going to have to kill Stan in the final episode to save her parents

i would agree if it was some other actress. the thing is, laurie holden is not just a bit part actress. her rate is much higher than, say, the woman who played marilyn. why pay that money if you are not going to use her for something big? or is that too meta?
the director obviously wants us to think Renee is a plant. seems too obvious to me - we shall see

Well up until now she hasn't done anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom