The Americans | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Americans

Obvious predictions are Stan dies or Elizabeth...darkest is that Paige dies

the director obviously wants us to think Renee is a plant. seems too obvious to me - we shall see
could be a red herring, but that seems kinda obvious itself. and again i go back to the expense

it's going to end badly for stan no matter what. he lived next door to a pair of prolific soviet agents for the better part of a decade and never caught on until the cold war was nearly over anyway. on top of the fact that he was working counterintelligence during a period that one of their dupes was bugging the director's office! that's a career killer.

There is a lot to wrap up in 1 episode. I hope this doesn't end with vague loose ends or with a cliffhanger.

There is a lot to wrap up in 1 episode. I hope this doesn't end with vague loose ends or with a cliffhanger.
i wonder if martha is going to make an appearance . . . it won't have anything to do with the current storyline, but they might give us a peek into her life as an epilogue or something

Yea but not everything needs to be wrapped up in a series either. Vague loose ends can be annoying, so does a cramming everything into 1 episode just to wrap it up as well.

well that just about slayed me, didn't breathe from the start of the garage scene until the end of the wrap

so, it turns out that the titular "americans" were henry and paige.

well that just about slayed me, didn't breathe from the start of the garage scene until the end of the wrap
i nearly wept for stan in that scene.

i imagine stan's future as a slow descent into alcoholism ending in suicide by the late 90s. the secrets, the doubts and the failures are going to haunt him

so, it turns out that the titular "americans" were henry and paige.

i nearly wept for stan in that scene.

i imagine stan's future as a slow descent into alcoholism ending in suicide by the late 90s. the secrets, the doubts and the failures are going to haunt him
it could not have ended in any better way, Phillip in grief over losing his best friend and American life and Elizabeth finally realizing why Phillip wanted out because she too understands how much of a life they had made in America and the betrayal of her Russian handlers. And poor Stan.

What a great show, I'm going to miss it

Last edited:
I think the Mail Robot got a cameo role in one of the Star Wars films.

it could not have ended in any better way, Phillip in grief over losing his best friend and American life and Elizabeth finally realizing why Phillip wanted out because she too understands how much of a life they had made in America and the betrayal of her Russian handlers. And poor Stan.

What a great show, I'm going to miss it
i don't think they adequately explained elizabeth's journey. she was still a true believing marxist ideologue literally days earlier and suddenly she's succumbing to what the marxists call bourgeious sentimentality? i mean, the only reason she betrayed claudia was not because of morality, but because claudia and her clique were not acting with the authority of the party. elizabeth was consistently an ideologue, and a sociopath at that. they should have stayed true to that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom