The Atlantic "Buy, Sell or Hold" article | Syracusefan.com

The Atlantic "Buy, Sell or Hold" article

IthacaMatt

Old Timer / Unofficial Contributor for 25+ years
Sorry about the title. I just saw this on The Atlantic today, but I see from the dateline, it's a Seth Davis article from a week ago. Nonetheless, a bit mean spirited. And it hurts to read.

Syracuse​

HTSR: Sell
(9-5, No. 89 KenPom)

For this once-proud program, the disappointment these days is not just that the Orange are bad, it’s that they’re irrelevant. They haven’t been ranked in the AP poll since December 2018, and there’s no indication they will reverse that skid this season (especially since there are precious few significant wins to be had in the ACC). Jim Boeheim’s vaunted zone defense has been quite permissive (116th in efficiency, 343rd in defensive rebound percentage), and up until the last four games, Joe Girard has struggled badly with his shot. Syracuse has also been heavily dependent on freshman point guard Judah Mintz, who has shown flashes at times but is only shooting 17.9 percent from 3. Syracuse has no good wins and plenty of ugly losses (Colgate, St. John’s, Bryant), so there’s not much hope it will make the NCAA Tournament. If that’s the case, it will mark the first time the Orange were left out of the bracket in consecutive seasons since 2007-08.

Sorry about the title. I just saw this on The Atlantic today, but I see from the dateline, it's a Seth Davis article from a week ago. Nonetheless, a bit mean spirited. And it hurts to read.

Syracuse​

(9-5, No. 89 KenPom)

For this once-proud program, the disappointment these days is not just that the Orange are bad, it’s that they’re irrelevant. They haven’t been ranked in the AP poll since December 2018, and there’s no indication they will reverse that skid this season (especially since there are precious few significant wins to be had in the ACC). Jim Boeheim’s vaunted zone defense has been quite permissive (116th in efficiency, 343rd in defensive rebound percentage), and up until the last four games, Joe Girard has struggled badly with his shot. Syracuse has also been heavily dependent on freshman point guard Judah Mintz, who has shown flashes at times but is only shooting 17.9 percent from 3. Syracuse has no good wins and plenty of ugly losses (Colgate, St. John’s, Bryant), so there’s not much hope it will make the NCAA Tournament. If that’s the case, it will mark the first time the Orange were left out of the bracket in consecutive seasons since 2007-08.
Seems fair.
Sometimes honesty sucks.

343rd in defensive rebounding percentage is just sad. But we were better tonight vs VaTech so hopefully trending in the right direction.

Syracuse​

(9-5, No. 89 KenPom)

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

Syracuse​

(9-5, No. 89 KenPom)

343rd in defensive rebounding percentage is just sad. But we were better tonight vs VaTech so hopefully trending in the right direction.
I thought that there were only 342 schools in D1? Does that mean they're #1 in Dll?

Syracuse​

(9-5, No. 89 KenPom)

Not mean spirited at all. Sometimes the truth hurts. This is spot on and it's almost word for word what I said in a thread yesterday. The painfully obvious truth has been there for a few years but many have been burying their head in sand when it comes to the man behind the curtain and the damage he has done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marz44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom