The atmosphere for Clemson will be amazing...

Rocco

Living Legend
Sold out Dome, loud enough to leave your ears ringing for days.

GAMEDAY (fingers crossed).

The Quad will be bumping.

More national relevance and excellent exposure.

Lots of recruits in attendance and watching up and down the east coast.

Edinger aggressively pacing the sidelines like a Lion hunting his next meal.

It will be like some place warm, a place where the beer flows like wine, where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. I’m talking about a little place called Syracuse.

BUT, but, but, it would be ALL that much better if we had a better tailgating scene. Not just the remnants of former parking lots left near the Dome, but a BIG tailgating area where the majority of fans can imbibe and indulge pre and post game together.

But I digress...

Nahson

Your best friend
Dino, like every officer worker that’s ever crumpled up a piece of paper, called his shot like Kobe.

"You're in the Carrier Dome. The house is filled. The feeling is electric. The noise is deafening. You have a defense that's relentless. You have a special teams that has been well-coached. You have an offense that will not huddle. And you have a game that's faster than you've ever seen on turf.”

syracuse95

Walk On
I’m probably in the minority in saying I’m fine with our tailgate scene. People romanticize the idea of 60,000 people all parked in a big open field drinking and eating together, but the reality is somewhat different. At least at the schools I’ve been to.

I’ve been to a few games at PSU. You’re parked in a huge field. If it’s rained in the last week you’re going to have mud up to your knees. If it’s rained in the last day you need to be careful driving in and out to be sure you don’t slide sideways down the hill into another car. You also have zero ability to choose your own spot, so if you don’t arrive with your friends you won’t be parked with them.

I’ve been to NC State. Big open field. Everybody gets as ripped as they can since there’s no beer inside. Well, that and the fan base has a lot of people that probably polish off pints of whiskey in the morning even without football. Two guys got shot and killed in the parking lot at one of the games I went to. That kind of put a damper on the day.

I’ve also been to Ohio State, UNC, Maryland, and Pitt. They all have their issues too.

Our lots are spread out and smaller, but I’ve met a lot of the people that tailgate around me and it’s the same people most of the time. It’s not so crazy or so dangerous that you can’t bring kids. People know they can get beer inside, so they aren’t slamming fifths of liquor or shoving airplane bottles into their undergarments before going inside. I don’t need mud tires and 4L on my SUV to get in or out. I haven’t seen a drunken altercation lead to gunplay.

Our scene is a little more laid back, but I’m okay with this.

NKR1978

Living Legend

It will be like some place warm, a place where the beer flows like wine, where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. I’m talking about a little place called Syracuse.

BUT, but, but, it would be ALL that much better if we had a better tailgating scene. Not just the remnants of former parking lots left near the Dome, but a BIG tailgating area where the majority of fans can imbibe and indulge pre and post game together.

But I digress...
I like our tailgate scene. There’s nothing wrong with being unique. The Dome being in the heart of the campus, walking from Marshall St. through the quad and past Ernie is uniquely Syracuse.

SUFaninNJ

All American

But I digress...
The salmon of Capistrano? Forget it, he's rolling.

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate
For board members who have not tailgated at Harrison Lot or lower Marshall, I highly recommend. Something about having beers and laughs then making the walk up the hill to the dome past or through the quad. Favorite gameday experience

upperdeck

Living Legend
if we had a big open field we would have 80% of the people trying to get in last minute and still the same 10% tailgating. seeing a big huge tailgate is cool , but running thru lots of tailgates spread out is cool too.. LSU was all over the place and pretty neat. miami is a big lot and hardly anything going on.

FrancoPizza

2018 Iggy Leading Minutes Per Game Winner
I’m worried that we’re hyping this to levels thst will mess up the players’ heads during game week prep and on the field. Remember the notre Dame hype and how unprepared and overmatched we looked?

Only thing we’re missing now is Jesus himself getting his robe retired at halftime.

Rocco

Living Legend
I like our tailgate scene. There’s nothing wrong with being unique. The Dome being in the heart of the campus, walking from Marshall St. through the quad and past Ernie is uniquely Syracuse.
If everyone could do that, great, but there isn't enough parking down there for people to experience that.

blizz

All Conference
For board members who have not tailgated at Harrison Lot or lower Marshall, I highly recommend. Something about having beers and laughs then making the walk up the hill to the dome past or through the quad. Favorite gameday experience
The walk up the loooong steps in front of Crouse is my favorite. Especially at night. I feel like a marauder in the middle of a horde about to lay waste to some poor princess.

Cuse#1

Scout Team

But I digress...
Thanks for the dumb and dumber line got a good laugh off a that

Cuse#1

Scout Team
We will be 2-0 !!!
I hope so and I think we should be 2-0 but lil worried about Maryland having one of their taking out Texas kinda game but the locksley hire probably locked in a 2-0 game day date with clemson

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate
I’m worried that we’re hyping this to levels thst will mess up the players’ heads during game week prep and on the field. Remember the notre Dame hype and how unprepared and overmatched we looked?

Only thing we’re missing now is Jesus himself getting his robe retired at halftime.
The Notre Dame game was, and I use this loosely, on neutral ground and we watched the heart of our team go down with what looked to be at the time a career ending injury.

These kids will be ready in the dome

Chip

Living Legend
I'm worried that you guys are hyping this game up too early. We've got 7 more months to go. You've got to pace yourselves.
Is it enough notice for your fans to wear purple? It would be nice to notice the separation of fanbases in the crowd.

Maybe we’ll promote a gray out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom