The atmosphere for Clemson will be amazing...

storange

All Conference
I’m probably in the minority in saying I’m fine with our tailgate scene. People romanticize the idea of 60,000 people all parked in a big open field drinking and eating together, but the reality is somewhat different. At least at the schools I’ve been to.

I’ve been to a few games at PSU. You’re parked in a huge field. If it’s rained in the last week you’re going to have mud up to your knees. If it’s rained in the last day you need to be careful driving in and out to be sure you don’t slide sideways down the hill into another car. You also have zero ability to choose your own spot, so if you don’t arrive with your friends you won’t be parked with them.

I’ve been to NC State. Big open field. Everybody gets as ripped as they can since there’s no beer inside. Well, that and the fan base has a lot of people that probably polish off pints of whiskey in the morning even without football. Two guys got shot and killed in the parking lot at one of the games I went to. That kind of put a damper on the day.

I’ve also been to Ohio State, UNC, Maryland, and Pitt. They all have their issues too.

Our lots are spread out and smaller, but I’ve met a lot of the people that tailgate around me and it’s the same people most of the time. It’s not so crazy or so dangerous that you can’t bring kids. People know they can get beer inside, so they aren’t slamming fifths of liquor or shoving airplane bottles into their undergarments before going inside. I don’t need mud tires and 4L on my SUV to get in or out. I haven’t seen a drunken altercation lead to gunplay.

Our scene is a little more laid back, but I’m okay with this.
Grest Post, I travel to away games, and have had a similar experience. Each tailgate scene is different, I love our pre game tailgate up on Adams St.

FrancoPizza

2018 Iggy Leading Minutes Per Game Winner
The walk up the loooong steps in front of Crouse is my favorite. Especially at night. I feel like a marauder in the middle of a horde about to lay waste to some poor princess.
You need to stop watching Godafther III.

Rocco

Living Legend
For board members who have not tailgated at Harrison Lot or lower Marshall, I highly recommend. Something about having beers and laughs then making the walk up the hill to the dome past or through the quad. Favorite gameday experience
I agree. I tailgate in Stadium Lot. If we could double or triple the size of these areas, games like this would be electric pre-game.

I really think this will be the game that the whole fan base has been waiting for in terms of CFP implications and being a big time program. Assuming the 2-0 start from both teams (or even just Syracuse), we will get Gameday, we will get primetime, and we will have at least a near sell out crowd. Win or lose, having a game of this magnitude puts us a head above our peers in terms of public perception. The university is 100% correct to go all out for this game specifically, it is the biggest opportunity the program has had in 2 decades. If the big time atmosphere materializes and THEN you actually WIN the game, the impact almost cannot be overstated. At that point we would have legitimate national title aspirations for the first time in 30+ years.

Eric15

Living Legend
Even if we lose this should increase attendance and enthusiasm across the board, barring a catastrophic beatdown.
"Even if we lose"

TB, you might be the most consistently optimistic poster on this board, we can't have this from you. We're one fourth down stop from going for three straight wins vs. Clemson next year. The days of feeling good after near losses are over.

baggerbob

All Conference
I'm worried that you guys are hyping this game up too early. We've got 7 more months to go. You've got to pace yourselves.
If we both take care of business the 1st two weeks, this game could rival the old Nebraska, Oklahoma, shootout in 1971.

Is it enough notice for your fans to wear purple? It would be nice to notice the separation of fanbases in the crowd.

Maybe we’ll promote a gray out.
yeah I would really love that idea. U mean like what the Florida Georgia and what Texas and Oklahoma fans do???
got to be such an awesome thing to see at the game. I mean what an experience to be at one of those games and to actually be able to see where the fans are sitting in the stadium by the team colors they're wearing

yeah I would really love that idea. U mean like what the Florida Georgia and what Texas and Oklahoma fans do???
got to be such an awesome thing to see at the game. I mean what an experience to be at one of those games and to actually be able to see where the fans are sitting in the stadium by the team colors they're wearing
see Syracuse has to come up with a rival like that cuz right now we don't have one. we have a small rival with Boston College and Pittsburgh but it's nothing compared to what some of these schools have,
nothing!
build up a rivalry with somebody in the ACC and I think us being in there in a real conference over time we're going to build a robbery with somebody in there, and I hope it's Clemson! if you keep heading games with Clemson the way we have the past two years it's going to bud into a big-time rivalry.
now some people might have a problem what I'm about to say and I know we have some games with them up in a few
years but we should start a end of the year game with rutgers! I hate them so much more than any other team I know they hate on us. their state borders our State and if Done Right could turn into a big game. I don't think rutgers is going to be bad forever especially being in the Big Ten with all that damn money they get so we should take advantage of that opportunity. I wonder what some people's thoughts are on this? honest thoughts.

Chip

Living Legend
Well, I hope it's not a 50/50 crowd like the games you mentioned.

But Clemson brings a good size crowd with them. And it's not hard to know where they're sitting, but it will really just be a sea of orange, as our here Dino likes to call it.

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate
"Even if we lose"

TB, you might be the most consistently optimistic poster on this board, we can't have this from you. We're one fourth down stop from going for three straight wins vs. Clemson next year. The days of feeling good after near losses are over.
Fair enough, just not trying to piss off the football gods.

Well, I hope it's not a 50/50 crowd like the games you mentioned.

But Clemson brings a good size crowd with them. And it's not hard to know where they're sitting, but it will really just be a sea of orange, as our here Dino likes to call it.
Oh absolutely not maybe 90/10 is more like it or thats what I'm hoping for cause the demand for that game should and better be high for the cuse. I know two years ago when we beat Clemson I know Clemson brought a lot a lot of fans with them but they should not be allowed to have that many fans come in this time simply because our fan should not allow it because of what I said the high demand

upperdeck

Living Legend
Clemson will get its 3-5k what ever we give visiting ACC teams and given the hype probably sell all they are given. how many more they sell above that really comes down to how many extras the season ticket holders sell before it goes out to general public. I mean we will sell 20K-25K season tickets so there will be 20K or so out there to be bought even after Clemson sells 5k

we only sold 42K last time but it has to be much more this time.

Rocco

Living Legend
I just hope our season ticket holders don’t sell to a Clemson fan. Was infuriating seeing a bunch tiger paws and purple in section 302 in 2017.

If you can’t make the game, please make sure it’s a Cuse fan going.

Last edited:

SUFaninNJ

All American
I just hope our season ticket holders don’t sell to a Clemson fan. Was infuriating seeing a bunch tiger paws and purple in section 301 in 2017.

If you can’t make the game, please make sure it’s a Cuse fan going.
I’m guessing there will be much less of that this time around. Of course you’ll see bandwagon Clemson fans who live in CNY that have never been to SC in addition to the diehards who make the trip north, but I expect a great Cuse turnout.

Top Bottom