The atmosphere for Clemson will be amazing...

OrangeDW

Living Legend
see Syracuse has to come up with a rival like that cuz right now we don't have one. we have a small rival with Boston College and Pittsburgh but it's nothing compared to what some of these schools have,
nothing!
build up a rivalry with somebody in the ACC and I think us being in there in a real conference over time we're going to build a robbery with somebody in there, and I hope it's Clemson! if you keep heading games with Clemson the way we have the past two years it's going to bud into a big-time rivalry.
now some people might have a problem what I'm about to say and I know we have some games with them up in a few
years but we should start a end of the year game with rutgers! I hate them so much more than any other team I know they hate on us. their state borders our State and if Done Right could turn into a big game. I don't think rutgers is going to be bad forever especially being in the Big Ten with all that damn money they get so we should take advantage of that opportunity. I wonder what some people's thoughts are on this? honest thoughts.
We had good rivalries with Miami and VT. I’m still mad they didn’t put us in their division. You can’t be rivals when you play once every 6 years.

Cuse#1

Scout Team
Well, I hope it's not a 50/50 crowd like the games you mentioned.

But Clemson brings a good size crowd with them. And it's not hard to know where they're sitting, but it will really just be a sea of orange, as our here Dino likes to call it.
what I was referring to that about the 50/50 games texas-oklahoma Georgia-Florida was a rivalry game on a neutral field when they have all the fans for a certain team sitting a certain section so when you're looking at it it just looks awesome because you got one teams color here and another teams color they're exactly where they're supposed to be and I think it just adds to the intensity and to the Rivalry of the teams
Clemson will get its 3-5k what ever we give visiting ACC teams and given the hype probably sell all they are given. how many more they sell above that really comes down to how many extras the season ticket holders sell before it goes out to general public. I mean we will sell 20K-25K season tickets so there will be 20K or so out there to be bought even after Clemson sells 5k

we only sold 42K last time but it has to be much more this time.
EXACTLY

CuseOnly

All American
if we had a big open field we would have 80% of the people trying to get in last minute and still the same 10% tailgating. seeing a big huge tailgate is cool , but running thru lots of tailgates spread out is cool too.. LSU was all over the place and pretty neat. miami is a big lot and hardly anything going on.
They should just spend a few grand, level and seed all the open hilly space at Skytop not being used.

Would be awesome additional space for tailgating.

SUFaninNJ

All American
I could be wrong, but I feel like that’s probably an extremely small/negligible number of people.
I agree. I’m sure maybe a hundred or so. I was just thinking about people like a student of mine who’s a fan of the Patriots in the NFL, Clemson in CFB and Duke in CBB. Dude lives in Jersey.

Cuse#1

Scout Team
We had good rivalries with Miami and VT. I’m still mad they didn’t put us in their division. You can’t be rivals when you play once every 6 years.
yeah especially Virginia Tech you're definitely right about that! I really hope they do away with these divisions like I hear about us in the Big Ten potentially doing.
I mean it makes perfect sense I don't understand why they just don't get rid of it but time will tell I just hope it happens sooner than later.
I mean look we could have something going with Virginia Tech definitely, I totally forgot about this, we beat them, upset them, dino babers all over espn the whole week talking about it two years ago and if we played them every year talk about re igniting a rivalry!!!!! But like you said we play them once every six years you cannot expect any sort of rivalry that way!

Last edited:

OrangeDW

Living Legend
]
I agree. I’m sure maybe a hundred or so. I was just thinking about people like a student of mine who’s a fan of the Patriots in the NFL, Clemson in CFB and Duke in CBB. Dude lives in Jersey.
Well to be fair, his options for supporting the home team in college football are slim pickings, and half of Duke’s student body probably comes from Jersey.

But the Pats? No excuse.

OrangeDW

Living Legend
yeah especially weird Virginia Tech you're definitely right about that! I really hope they do away with these divisions like I hear about us in the Big Ten potentially doing.
I mean it makes perfect sense I don't understand why they just don't get rid of it but time will tell I just hope it happens sooner than later.
I mean look we could have something going with Virginia Tech definitely, I totally forgot about this, we beat them, upset them, dino babers all over espn the whole week talking about it two years ago and if we played them every year talk about re igniting a rivalry!!!!! But like you said we play them once every six years you cannot expect any sort of rivalry that way!
That was a great win, but it felt like a continuation of what we had against them in the 90s.

We’ve never played Pitt or BC in a really big game, that I can recall. We played Miami and VT with Big East titles and Orange Bowl trips on the line. And VT and SU especially was pretty heated. And the fans on both sides brought it.

Cuse#1

Scout Team
That was a great win, but it felt like a continuation of what we had against them in the 90s.

We’ve never played Pitt or BC in a really big game, that I can recall. We played Miami and VT with Big East titles and Orange Bowl trips on the line. And VT and SU especially was pretty heated. And the fans on both sides brought it.
Honestly when we play PITT or BC I feel nothing, just another game. Exact opposite of what a rivalry game supposed to be!

I am a season ticket holder in 301. I'm going to be one of the first people in the season ticket holder individual game pre-sale and will be getting as many tickets as I reasonably believe I can sell to friends and family (all Cuse fans) at face value. I couldn't agree with you more, we need to make sure OUR PEOPLE are in these seats.

I just hope our season ticket holders don’t sell to a Clemson fan. Was infuriating seeing a bunch tiger paws and purple in section 301 in 2017.

If you can’t make the game, please make sure it’s a Cuse fan going.

Rocco

Living Legend
I am a season ticket holder in 301. I'm going to be one of the first people in the season ticket holder individual game pre-sale and will be getting as many tickets as I reasonably believe I can sell to friends and family (all Cuse fans) at face value. I couldn't agree with you more, we need to make sure OUR PEOPLE are in these seats.

storange

All Conference
Its my annual Big Tailgate when I have people from put of town for the game.
So I will be adding 15 to 20 fans for this game. Its going to sell out and the Dome will hit 90s level decibals if SU makes it a game. And I believe they will.

Dino, like every officer worker that’s ever crumpled up a piece of paper, called his shot like Kobe.

"You're in the Carrier Dome. The house is filled. The feeling is electric. The noise is deafening. You have a defense that's relentless. You have a special teams that has been well-coached. You have an offense that will not huddle. And you have a game that's faster than you've ever seen on turf.”
I vote this as the song played before the team comes out of the tunnel. :cool:

corpjet

Board Prophet
Absolutely zero chance this game does not sell out.

As far as tailgating this adds to the game day experience. I’ve met some awesome people pre games drinking a beer and eating a Hoffman. The win on the field after that is just icing on the cake.

cuse309

All Conference
Sold out Dome, loud enough to leave your ears ringing for days.

GAMEDAY (fingers crossed).

The Quad will be bumping.

More national relevance and excellent exposure.

Lots of recruits in attendance and watching up and down the east coast.

Edinger aggressively pacing the sidelines like a Lion hunting his next meal.

It will be like some place warm, a place where the beer flows like wine, where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. I’m talking about a little place called Syracuse.

BUT, but, but, it would be ALL that much better if we had a better tailgating scene. Not just the remnants of former parking lots left near the Dome, but a BIG tailgating area where the majority of fans can imbibe and indulge pre and post game together.

But I digress...

juse5

Bleeding Orange since '80
Sold out Dome, loud enough to leave your ears ringing for days.

GAMEDAY (fingers crossed).

The Quad will be bumping.

More national relevance and excellent exposure.

Lots of recruits in attendance and watching up and down the east coast.

Edinger aggressively pacing the sidelines like a Lion hunting his next meal.

It will be like some place warm, a place where the beer flows like wine, where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. I’m talking about a little place called Syracuse.

BUT, but, but, it would be ALL that much better if we had a better tailgating scene. Not just the remnants of former parking lots left near the Dome, but a BIG tailgating area where the majority of fans can imbibe and indulge pre and post game together.

But I digress...
We have the most unique tailgating experience in all of college football. Lets celebrate it, rather than attack it. If you want a large swathe of land go to skytop. I will never understand the desire to be in one massive glob of people all using the same toilets. We have 100 + pockets to choose from in a 3 mile radius. Its fantastic.

OrangeDW

Living Legend
We have the most unique tailgating experience in all of college football. Lets celebrate it, rather than attack it. If you want a large swathe of land go to skytop. I will never understand the desire to be in one massive glob of people all using the same toilets. We have 100 + pockets to choose from in a 3 mile radius. Its fantastic.
Tailgating in giant parking lots is boring. I’ll be on Marshall St. Bring back Chuck’s.

Rocco

Living Legend
Not attacking it. Part of a 15 person tailgate in Stadium Lot since the 90's. Still going strong.

JRHEETER

Scout Team
I think the better question is, do we storm the field after we beat Clemson this time?

I don’t think so. I think we should all just stay put and say to Clemson, hey we aren’t surprised we beat you. We ARE on your level now.

LETS GO

storange

All Conference
I think the better question is, do we storm the field after we beat Clemson this time?

I don’t think so. I think we should all just stay put and say to Clemson, hey we aren’t surprised we beat you. We ARE on your level now.

LETS GO
I don't know, storming the field is fun too.

Top Bottom