The Basketball Tournament is coming to Syracuse July 26-28 | Syracusefan.com

The Basketball Tournament is coming to Syracuse July 26-28

OCC seems like it would be too tiny for this, but the Dome seems too big and cavernous. I feel like the War Memorial would have been perfect. But obviously I don't know anything about availability and logistics.

Ahh man, I'm going to be in NY the week before this. I'm not sure I can stretch my trip out that long.

Gonna freakin try tho

Uhhhh ... could Melo play?
Contractually he'll likely be released by the Bulls. Someone would probably pick him up but who knows.

OCC seems like it would be too tiny for this, but the Dome seems too big and cavernous. I feel like the War Memorial would have been perfect. But obviously I don't know anything about availability and logistics.

War Memorial holds 7,000. OCC holds 6,500. And OCC is more convenient and a nicer facility. I think they made the right choice.

War Memorial holds 7,000. OCC holds 6,500. And OCC is more convenient and a nicer facility. I think they made the right choice.

Fair enough -- for some reason I thought the War Memorial was like twice as big.

It’s times like these that I miss Manley. That would be perfect size for this.

Uhhhh ... could Melo play?
Contractually he'll likely be released by the Bulls. Someone would probably pick him up but who knows.

Melo’s likely not playing in this even if he was allowed to, lol. Warrick is one of the few established former solid NBA guys I can think of that play in it. I can’t really see a guy at Melo’s level in this.

Last edited:

6,500? Wow. Would not have known that. I was thinking 4-5,000.

Melo’s likely not playing in this even if he was allowed to, lol. Warrick is one of the few established former solid NBA guys I can think of that play in it. I can’t really see a guy at Melo’s level in this.

I know, wishful thinking.
I was trying to convince myself. Injury isn't a risk at 34, his career is behind him, he's made his money.
If he's not under contract, it can be a feel good story. Donate potential winnings to charity and play in front of fans that cherish and adore you for a few weeks. After the lumps he's taken the last couple years it might be nice.

I know, wishful thinking.
I was trying to convince myself. Injury isn't a risk at 34, his career is behind him, he's made his money.
If he's not under contract, it can be a feel good story. Donate potential winnings to charity and play in front of fans that cherish and adore you for a few weeks. After the lumps he's taken the last couple years it might be nice.

I don’t think he thinks his career is behind him. We’ll see what happens around the trade deadline in a few weeks, but he seems to be ready to play.

I don’t think he thinks his career is behind him. We’ll see what happens around the trade deadline in a few weeks, but he seems to be ready to play.

He's definitely staying ready. I just mean in the grand scheme of things; he's not 20 with a full career and financial stability to consider. I'd rather see him in purple and gold. Here's hoping the Lakers will be trotting out LeBron, Melo, and Davis come the deadline.

Is Manley Field House still open? Or is it a full time indoor track center?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom