The Benefit of Playing them all | Syracusefan.com

The Benefit of Playing them all

IthacaMatt

Old Timer / Unofficial Contributor for 25+ years
We are 1/3 of the way through the regular season, and we have NINE GUYS averaging more than 10 minutes a game, plus another 2 guys averaging 8 or 9 minutes a game.

We have had some very good teams where Coach used more of the bench. I am very optimistic from what I've been seeing from him this past month or so. I haven't seen this kind of rotation of players in like a decade.

We are 1/3 of the way through the regular season, and we have NINE GUYS averaging more than 10 minutes a game, plus another 2 guys averaging 8 or 9 minutes a game.

We have had some very good teams where Coach used more of the bench. I am very optimistic from what I've been seeing from him this past month or so. I haven't seen this kind of rotation of players in like a decade.
He’ll narrow the rotation

Personally, I have always felt we should be using the bench more. However, JB doesn't go along with it for various reasons. This year it appears he is just not sure what the best lineup will be so he is giving time to almost everybody. If he finds that core group, in his mind anyway, then we will likely be back to a 7 or 8 man rotation. We will obviously find out once conference play begins.

He’ll narrow the rotation
I think as he alluded to, JAB will play different rotations based on what the opposition presents to them. Sounds like he will not force any round pegs into square holes based on his 60 years of being on the hill. Some might say he was the original pterodactyl.

we all heard longer bench and man defense preseason. well the MTM has been abandoned. now let's see how long the rotation thing lasts before we're back to mega minutes. judah joe and jesse all over 35 mpg in a blowout win over MONMOUTH.

Ferris Buellers Day Off Nine Times GIF

can't find a nine guys meme without risk of FBI raiding me but you get the drift.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom