Baseball: Louisville wins conference by defeating Pitt

Lacrosse-Men: 'Cuse wins conference
'Cuse wins the Conference Tournament
'Cuse named #1 seed in NCAA tournament
'Cuse defeats Yale in round of 8 to move on...Final 4

Lacrosse-Women: 'Cuse wins the conference
'Cuse named #4 seed in NCAA tournament
'Cuse dominates both Dartmouth and Florida to advance to Final 4

What other teams need mention...'Cuse must be moving up in the Directors Cup.

What a way to go into the ACC....and do it with Notre Dame, Pitt, and Louisville

It's Good to be 'Cuse!!!!!!!!

Football: Conference Tie including Louisville and 'Cuse
--Louisville beats Florida in BCS game
--'Cuse Stomps WVU (Big 12 and former BE) in Pin Stripe Bowl

Basketball- Men: Louisville ties for BE conference title
4-6 top teams in conference going to ACC: Louisville, 'Cuse, Pitt, ND
Louisville wins BE tournament by beating 'Cuse

Louisville wins NCAA BBall National Championship Game
'Cuse goes to final 4

Baseball: Louisville wins conference by defeating Pitt

Lacrosse-Men: 'Cuse wins conference
'Cuse wins the Conference Tournament
'Cuse named #1 seed in NCAA tournament
'Cuse defeats Yale in round of 8 to move on...Final 4

Lacrosse-Women: 'Cuse wins the conference
'Cuse named #4 seed in NCAA tournament
'Cuse dominates both Dartmouth and Florida to advance to Final 4

What a way to go into the ACC....and do it with Notre Dame, Pitt, and Louisville

It's Good to be 'Cuse!!!!!!!!

Other Syracuse teams that need a mention are women's field hockey. BE regular champs, lost to UConn in the championship game but went to Final Four.

Also men's soccer team, which made it to the Elite 8 I believe.

We will set another SU record in the Director's Cup points this year. We are guaranteed to finish with over 500 points, topping last year's record of 452.5.

Cheers,
Neil

Men's Hockey would be a better choice as far as high school talent.

I don't even watch hockey, but I'd vote for a hockey team all day (yes, I know it's expensive). Let's stick to our strengths.

I want us to have a baseball team

I had heard at one time the reason SU never really invested in baseball was because LeMoyne had a powerhouse team going then and didn't want to be second fiddle in town. That's probably an exaggeration, though. It probably had more to do with Title IX and Jake not caring about baseball.

I bet if SU had a ball team the Chiefs would never have gotten away with putting the new stadium out near old MacArthur Field. It would have been downtown, where it belongs.

SU not having a baseball team actually helps the ACC out. They have 12 baseball teams now and with Pitt and Notre Dame it won't cause major realignment for ACC baseball. Pitt will slide into the Coastal Division and Notre Dame into the Atlantic with 14 teams. If Syracuse had a baseball team the ACC would have 15 teams and 1 division of 8 and the other with 7 thus I don't think Swofford/ACC office will care if Syracuse has a baseball team. Unless we had another women's sport it will be impossible to do. So some women's sports we could add are Gymnastics, Rowing, or Swimming.

The latest standings has Syracuse in 35th place with 360 points.
That's 3rd best in the Big East, behind #5 Notre Dame (743 pts) and #21 Louisville (494 pts).
And 8th best among current & future ACC members:
#5 Notre Dame 743
#6 UNC 712
#10 FSU 614
#19 Duke 516
#32 VPI 400
#33 Virginia 391
#34 Maryland 378
#35 Syracuse 360
#37 NC State 343
#44 Georgetown 315
#47 Yukon 303
#53 Villanova 271
#59 BCU 238
#69 Marquette 212
#73 Miami 193
#75 Clemson 189
#87 Pittsburgh 148
#93 St. John's 125
#95 Providence 119
#102 NJ State 113
#111 Wake Forest 100
#111 USF 100
#121 GA Tech 94
#136 Cincinnati 77
#213 DePaul 25

Here's how Syracuse scored its points:
Winter 108:
WBB 25 [#33]
MBB 83 [#3]

Fall 252:
M Cross Country 60 [#15]
Field Hockey 83 [#3]
Football 45 [#26]
M Soccer 64 [#9]

Upcoming sports to be added: M&W lax (80-100 pts each)
Other sports: track & field, baseball, softball, W rowing, M&W golf, M volleyball, W water polo

Syracuse's final score will be between 520 and 560.

SU not having a baseball team actually helps the ACC out. They have 12 baseball teams now and with Pitt and Notre Dame it won't cause major realignment for ACC baseball. Pitt will slide into the Coastal Division and Notre Dame into the Atlantic with 14 teams. If Syracuse had a baseball team the ACC would have 15 teams and 1 division of 8 and the other with 7 thus I don't think Swofford/ACC office will care if Syracuse has a baseball team. Unless we had another women's sport it will be impossible to do. So some women's sports we could add are Gymnastics, Rowing, or Swimming.

SU already has a Women's Rowing team.

Men's Hockey would be a better choice as far as high school talent.

Not sure if you are comparing to baseball or wrestling, based on other posts, but local wrestling talent can't be bad with Gene Mills running the show up in Phoenix. They just beat rival Fulton 61-16. My guess is that he would be the HC if SU ever did bring back wrestling and I'm pretty sure he would make SU immediately relevant.

The latest standings has Syracuse in 35th place with 360 points.
That's 3rd best in the Big East, behind #5 Notre Dame (743 pts) and #21 Louisville (494 pts).
And 8th best among current & future ACC members:
#5 Notre Dame 743
#6 UNC 712
#10 FSU 614
#19 Duke 516
#32 VPI 400
#33 Virginia 391
#34 Maryland 378
#35 Syracuse 360
#37 NC State 343

Upcoming sports to be added: M&W lax (80-100 pts each)
Other sports: track & field, baseball, softball, W rowing, M&W golf, M volleyball, W water polo

Syracuse's final score will be between 520 and 560.
so SU could end up somewhere between 4/5 in new expanded ACC - not too shabby for a program that has been running on a BE revenue stream.

so SU could end up somewhere between 4/5 in new expanded ACC - not too shabby for a program that has been running on a BE revenue stream.
The key word here is "could". Several ACC programs will score points with their baseball, softball and golf teams.

Last year, the Syracuse softball team earned 50 points. Those won't be showing up this year.

The key word here is "could". Several ACC programs will score points with their baseball, softball and golf teams.

Last year, the Syracuse softball team earned 50 points. Those won't be showing up this year.

Even with those points not being in this year's Spring totals, the overall total from last Spring with those points was 180 and we are guaranteed a minimum of 166 points with men's and women's lacrosse with 173, 180, 190, and 200 also possible.

Last spring we also had 15 points in Men's T&F. Not sure where that came from. :)

Still, you're overall point is good. We would be middle of the pack in the ACC in terms of overall points. The ACC typically has 6 schools that routinely score over 200 points every Spring - FSU, UNC, UVa, Duke, VT, and MD. And even with MD leaving the two BE schools that always finish ahead of us will also be joining the ACC - ND and UL.

Cheers,
Neil