The biggest recruiting prize for any school | Syracusefan.com

The biggest recruiting prize for any school

CaptainJ

Disembodied?
I don't mean AD or NN. Being objective, I'd have to say Kentucky landed the biggest prize when it signed John Calipari. I'm not a fan of his, don't get me wrong. I am also not arguing his in game coaching at the moment, but at this point his recruiting ability alone is enough to elevate any team to NC consideration within a relatively short period of time.

With some people talking about the Knicks, they may be forgetting Cal would be giving up possibly his greatest weapon, recruiting ability. I wonder if it is possible though for any other college program to secure Cal's services? I wonder if he would leave a blue blood program like Kentucky for the right amount of cash? I know many on here question his methods, but it seems to me like many schools would be happy if they could acquire his services. By doing so, Kentucky is now positioned to be mentioned by the experts as a possible destination for most of the prime recruits for a good time to come. It makes me ill, but it looks like Cal is worth more than his weight in gold in his current position. I'm curious if you think it's possible for a college team(and I don't mean the 'Cuse) to lure this guy away with the right offer, and if so how much?

Cal would be giving up possibly his greatest weapon, recruiting ability.

Yep, because all NBA teams have money and he'd be on equal footing pretty much in procuring talent.

Cant see his sideline antics flying with nba players, his personality and style fits uk not the nba

Yep, because all NBA teams have money and he'd be on equal footing pretty much in procuring talent.
The question is, how will his players react to taking a pay cut?

As much as we all hate Kentucky, I can't imagine Cal leaving for another college job. At present, the only school that REALLY rivals UK in terms of prestige is Duke, and maybe UNC. But that would be a lateral move, at best, and both schools already have hall of fame (not Williams yet, but probably in the future) coaches who aren't going anywhere.

Let me burst Kentucky fans bubble

If We had Fab we would have won the Championship

I have spoken

False. We were, maybe, as good. If we played a seven game series against them, I would bet on them to win in 6.

You are of course entitled to your opinion

In away i like to think we have 3 national championships not just 03

but 2010 and 2012 because we were the best team and would have won both years

Bullshit. "Would" "Should" and "If" do not exist in this dojo.

Bullshit. "Would" "Should" and "If" do not exist in this dojo.

We would have beaten Duke in 2o10 if we had AO with a doubt

This year would have been an altime great game but i would count on Cuse

In my world i live in. Because it makes me to upset that we snake bitted twice when i know in my heart we had the best team

We didn't have the best team this year. Kentucky is the real deal. Could we have given them a better game than anyone else at full strength? Hell yes. But take off the orange blinders and realize Kentucky was really, really freaking good this year.

2010 yes. 2012 no.

Well we have gotten off subject as to the possible futures of our pal Cal, but I certainly think we could have beaten Kentucky with Fab, and even without him, but both would have been considered upsets of different magnitude. I agree with the sentiments about Duke and UNC already being set for coaches and the NBA taking away his best strength, so do we think he has reached his pinnacle and is entrenched for the rest of his career? He isn't that old...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom