The Boneyard is pissier than usual | Syracusefan.com

The Boneyard is pissier than usual

MaxwellCuse

All Conference
this afternoon. It appears that ESPN has dropped the Big East from the college football blog list and has decided not to create an AAC blog. Can you say "Mid Major?" Once again, it only makes me grateful we dodged that bullet.

People let's lay off our former riv@ls boards and just move onward with our new riv@ls. Tee will need to start showing some yellow/red cards for these threads. While that board has ticked me off with their anger they have a right to feel a little angry being moved from a power league to a mid-major league.

UConn =
images

love it-

talk about a second rate league - espn wouldn't even use free space for a blog-lol

People let's lay off our former boards and just move onward with our new . Tee will need to start showing some yellow/red cards for these threads. While that board has ticked me off their anger they have a right to feel a little angry being moved from a power league to a mid-major league.

I dont visit their board but I have a certain disdain for UConn because... well Jim Calhoun and Hasheem Thabeet for starters, their football team chucking bombs instead of running the clock out a few years back, and taste of uconn in yo mouf guy recently.

Card me if you must but I don't feel bad for UConn. Perhaps I'm turning into the Luis Suarez of this board?

I dont visit their board but I have a certain disdain for UConn because... well Jim Calhoun and Hasheem Thabeet for starters, their football team chucking bombs instead of running the clock out a few years back, and taste of uconn in yo mouf guy recently.

Card me if you must but I don't feel bad for UConn. Perhaps I'm turning into the Luis Suarez of this board?
I don't feel bad for them, but let them be miserable in peace is my point. We don't need to bring attention to it on this board and I am just the referee's assistant Tee has the cards. You can be Luis Suarez but atleast you aren't Frank Ribery or Cristiano Ronaldo flopping around for calls.

I don't feel bad for them, but let them be miserable in peace is my point. We don't need to bring attention to it on this board and I am just the referee's assistant Tee has the cards. You can be Luis Suarez but atleast you aren't Frank Ribery or Cristiano Ronaldo flopping around for calls.

Don't underestimate Suarez's ability to flop, he just doesn't get all the calls. I find myself constantly watching LFC games and screaming "stay on your feet maaaaan!".

Don't underestimate Suarez's ability to flop, he just doesn't get all the calls. I find myself constantly watching LFC games and screaming "stay on your feet maaaaan!".
Suarez played well in the Confed Cup. While Forlen is typically the penalty/corner/free kick guy I thought that Suarez should have taken the penalty against Brazil. Hindsight is 50/50 and Forlan typically buries PK that miss is what allowed Brazil to take over that game.
Suarez wants to move to Madrid right? Also, what do you think of the Henry/Fenway group's ownership of LFC? I went to Roma-LFC game on Fenway last summer it was a good crowd. LFC had a tough start last year, but finished okay they need a top 4 finish but atleast they weren't like the previous year.

Not trying to churn the waters Alsacs. Just making an observation as a now very infrequent visitor to the UCONN board, which has been about my only source besides ESPN about what is going on in the AAC. As I indicated, I am really much more about my gratitude in avoiding the AAC than I am in trashing a former rival. We could easily have been in UCONN's shoes a few years back if Marrone hadn't been able to bail out the sinking ship that was our FB program under the previous regime.

How the hell did we get from bashing in a football thread to talking about soccer?!?!?! :blah:
Its the offseason and IO brought up Luis Suarez who is among the biggest DBs in International soccer, and plays for his team Liverpool.

How the hell did we get from bashing in a football thread to talking about soccer?!?!?! :blah:

I think the common thread is UCONN was dragged kicking and screaming into the AAC, while soccer is filled with well, kicking and screaming.

People let's lay off our former riv@ls boards and just move onward with our new riv@ls. Tee will need to start showing some yellow/red cards for these threads. While that board has ticked me off with their anger they have a right to feel a little angry being moved from a power league to a mid-major league.

Okay I get it don't stir up fans we should have pity on so I for one promise not to pile on.

That being said though !

Not trying to churn the waters Alsacs. Just making an observation as a now very infrequent visitor to the UCONN board, which has been about my only source besides ESPN about what is going on in the AAC. As I indicated, I am really much more about my gratitude in avoiding the AAC than I am in trashing a former rival. We could easily have been in UCONN's shoes a few years back if Marrone hadn't been able to bail out the sinking ship that was our FB program under the previous regime.
Hey man, your cool with me I just thought that the two previous UConn threads were a tad overkill. I am not the end all I just think we need cut them a little slack. That board has a lot of crazies over there and has people who despise us more and throw a lot crap at us.
I see UConn as a former riv@l now and we won't be playing them in regular season contests anymore. I used to have a respectful hatred of them, and your right it could be us so they deserve the crap they get over here, but I would say they deserve a little leash on being demoted and being angry about it That's all I wasn't addressing you just the UConn issue.

Suarez played well in the Confed Cup. While Forlen is typically the penalty/corner/free kick guy I thought that Suarez should have taken the penalty against Brazil. Hindsight is 50/50 and Forlan typically buries PK that miss is what allowed Brazil to take over that game.
Suarez wants to move to Madrid right? Also, what do you think of the Henry/Fenway group's ownership of LFC? I went to Roma-LFC game on Fenway last summer it was a good crowd. LFC had a tough start last year, but finished okay they need a top 4 finish but atleast they weren't like the previous year.

Here comes a thread hijack!

That Suarez free kick v Spain was a beauty, I didn't catch the Brazil match though. From what I saw LS was the class of the Uruguay attack ahead of Forlan who is getting on in years and even the 54 million pound man Cavani. Suarez wants out of England since he can't get away from the media. Obviously the bad attention is well deserved but the non stop level he gets it is a bit overboard. As for the RM link, I follow transfer season almost as much as I follow Cuse football recruiting and I have yet to see RM recipricate the interest or show any sign they are willing to splash the cash we would want for him. If Ronaldo heads back the Man U, that could change in a heartbeat though. Hopefully it's not a last minute move for him so we can buy a few more players instead of getting stuck overpaying for the likes of Andy Carroll once again. As of right now, I think LS is @ Anfield again next season at least to start.

I like FSG trying to build a club with young players vs splashing large amounts of cash for the hot player of the week ala Man City. LFC simply don't have the money to compete for the huge name players backed by oil billionaires. Being a Red Sox fan I've seen this strategy work before but it requires a fair amount of patience. The natives are a bit restless as 7th place on the table isn't where they expect to be and wont be acceptable again next season. Brendan Rodgers was implementing a new style to a squad he didn't build last year. I like him as a coach and think he'll do well once he gets a few more guys of his choice vs playing some square pegs in round holes like last year. Adding Sturridge and Coutinho in January was brilliant and we took 36 points in our last 18 games which is CL pace and only 2 points behind both Manchester clubs in the same time frame and ahead of everyone else. I expect a puch for CL qualification next year and the BPL title in years to follow. Once we get there, I expect to stay there for quite awhile givin the age of all the players we're bringing in. I just hope Steven Gerrard gets some more silverware before he hangs up his boats.

this afternoon. It appears that ESPN has dropped the Big East from the college football blog list and has decided not to create an AAC blog. Can you say "Mid Major?" Once again, it only makes me grateful we dodged that bullet.
You would be shocked at how many don't see it that way. I'm with you all the way on this one. Good riddance to the worse managed conference in the country

Uconn is a former rival who loved to claim how they made and especially how they carried the Big East for so many years, so it is only fitting that they continue to carry on that conference for the foreseeable future. (Even though the Big East started with Syracuse and ended when we left)

No, I like you. Suarez is a complete douchebag.

Suarez is a great player. And overrated as a "dirt bag" depending on who you believe.

And Ronoldo's behavior doesn't make the cut either?

Two of the world's top players.

Soccer's elite players aren't loaded with choirboys. Messi? Maybe. But guys like Rooney win anyway they can. If you took flopping and feigned injuries out of the Premiere League they wouldn't need 75% of the extra time allotted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom