The Buddy Boeheim Appreciation Thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Buddy Boeheim Appreciation Thread

I don’t think he’s that good all around but balls of steel he doesn’t quit good guy to have on your team when it’s not going well.

He’s already better than Cooney ever was.

TC was a pretty great defensive player and more careful with the ball. But, Buddy is much better as a freshman and will certainly grow into a better defender. TC didn’t really contribute until his 3rd year in the program, but I’m not sure Buddy would have seen the floor at all if he was a freshman on the 2012 team.

For those posters that are super wise and were around when JB played, how does Buddy’s game compare to Jim’s?
Just yesterday, I had this conversation with someone who was there when JB played. Said Jim was a really, really good shooter. If he was open, it was in. He just really wasn't very athletic. (Of course, he could have unconsciously compared Jim to his back-court mate.

The thing I like most about Buddy is his willingness to get in the lane. Did it a few times last night. He'll shoot if he's open (or even when he's not), but he'll also try to go by his defender for a mid-range jumper. He's a frosh, not totally physically ready, without the greatest handle, so it leads to some failure. But I'd rather have him at least try to create. It will 1000% serve him well in the future.

I think he's a full year ahead of where I thought he'd be.

TC was a pretty great defensive player and more careful with the ball. But, Buddy is much better as a freshman and will certainly grow into a better defender. TC didn’t really contribute until his 3rd year in the program, but I’m not sure Buddy would have seen the floor at all if he was a freshman on the 2012 team.
The Coon Dog was a voracious shooter. Buddy is a maker!

I have a good feeling about a back court of Buddy and JGIII. Both play with a chip on their shoulders, both can get to the basket and both have unlimited range. Girard is literally a threat from anywhere past half court.

Buddy doesn’t break the 2012 rotation just because he wouldn’t have got enough minutes to justify wasting a year.
Cooney was a great defender but last night was why Buddy is going to be a pain for ACC teams for the next 3 years.
When he is a Senior he will be one of those guys people will say has been jn college for like 6 years.
Buddy is a role player 3rd/4th option on a NC title team. I could see him on last year’s Villanova team.

I’ve never been more wrong about a guy’s outlook in a single season than I was about Buddy this year. His growth as a player in-season this year has been nothing short of remarkable.

Thank god for Buddy. He became a MAN tonight.
Buddy is playing better this year than I ever thought he would in his 4 years here. Mea culpa, give me a fork for the crow, take away my scouting license

Buddy doesn’t break the 2012 rotation just because he wouldn’t have got enough minutes to justify wasting a year.
Cooney was a great defender but last night was why Buddy is going to be a pain for ACC teams for the next 3 years.
When he is a Senior he will be one of those guys people will say has been jn college for like 6 years.
Buddy is a role player 3rd/4th option on a NC title team. I could see him on last year’s Villanova team.

I agree.

His development over the year has been incredible. And the fact that he's gotten better over the course of ACC play isn't something you see from too many freshmen. He's going to be an Arcidiacono type, because I'm pretty sure that Arcidiacono is still on Villanova.

I agree.

His development over the year has been incredible. And the fact that he's gotten better over the course of ACC play isn't something you see from too many freshmen. He's going to be an Arcidiacono type, because I'm pretty sure that Arcidiacono is still on Villanova.
Good point about how unusual it is to improve over the conference season. Rautins actually regressed, down the stretch, in his first few years. Seemed like he got worn down and it affected his shot.

You can see he was coached by a HOF'er from an early age. He seems to have a nice basketball IQ. Can't always hit the shot yet but he is trending is the right direction.

Just doesn’t make a lot of mistakes. He is trustworthy.

The whole key to "seeming to be there for ever" is to get a chance to play as a freshman and take full advantage of it...and then stay for four years.

I don’t think he’s that good all around but balls of steel he doesn’t quit good guy to have on your team when it’s not going well.
Expect the same on all counts when JG3 gets here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom