The Case Against Adnan Syed | Syracusefan.com

The Case Against Adnan Syed

STEVEHOLT

There are FIVE letters in the name BLAIN.
Anyone watching? Im caught up through episode 3...i also listened to the serial podcast a few years back. The only thing this new series has done is reminded me that I was conflicted after listening to the podcast. I at once feel like he did it and that Im not sure beyond a reasonable doubt that he did it.

Anyone watching? Im caught up through episode 3...i also listened to the serial podcast a few years back. The only thing this new series has done is reminded me that I was conflicted after listening to the podcast. I at once feel like he did it and that Im not sure beyond a reasonable doubt that he did it.

Is it worth watching? I listened to Serial. I started watching Part 1, and after about a half hour I thought, I'm just hearing Serial again, with some visuals and interviews.

Is it worth watching? I listened to Serial. I started watching Part 1, and after about a half hour I thought, I'm just hearing Serial again, with some visuals and interviews.
Episode 1 was a waste of time for serial vets
But some new information is revealed in next couple of episodes .. some info damning to the core of the prosecutions case ..

I'm current through episode 3 as well. Have the same feelings. I think he had to have done it but there is certainly reasonable doubt because the cops basically formed a story that they made Jay follow that has a lot of holes and timeline issues.

In totality, I just can't get past him not having an actual alibi of any kind and a friend that had his car and cell phone admits to helping bury the body. Obviously Jay was coerced to give the confession that he ultimately gave to ensure prosecution but that at least some of it was true.

I'm current through episode 3 as well. Have the same feelings. I think he had to have done it but there is certainly reasonable doubt because the cops basically formed a story that they made Jay follow that has a lot of holes and timeline issues.

In totality, I just can't get past him not having an actual alibi of any kind and a friend that had his car and cell phone admits to helping bury the body. Obviously Jay was coerced to give the confession that he ultimately gave to ensure prosecution but that at least some of it was true.

I feel similarly .. there have been a lot of people found not guilty with a heck of a lot more evidence against them .

I mean you acquire DNA material and then don’t run it ? You use cell phone tower data as 100 percent fact , that the cell company specifically states is inaccurate for incoming calls ...

And even though I think he did it , I stil find it hard to believe he had it in him ..

I feel similarly .. there have been a lot of people found not guilty with a heck of a lot more evidence against them .

I mean you acquire DNA material and then don’t run it ? You use cell phone tower data as 100 percent fact , that the cell company specifically states is inaccurate for incoming calls ...

And even though I think he did it , I stil find it hard to believe he had it in him ..

That's still the odd part to me. By almost all accounts just a good, fun having, well spoken kid.

That's still the odd part to me. By almost all accounts just a good, fun having, well spoken kid.

I could fathom it more easily had it been an “in the heat of the moment “ type situation where he just snapped , but this thing was supposedly premeditated with a very specific. Plan and cover up .. cold and calculated .. a serial killer type scenario ..

I also find it quite risky to murder her in day time in a Best Buy parking lot ?

And yet ... I still think he did it

I could fathom it more easily had it been an “in the heat of the moment “ type situation where he just snapped , but this thing was supposedly premeditated with a very specific. Plan and cover up .. cold and calculated .. a serial killer type scenario ..

I also find it quite risky to murder her in day time in a Best Buy parking lot ?

And yet ... I still think he did it

Think the best buy parking lot on a weekday afternoon scenario is absolutely preposterous.

Think the best buy parking lot on a weekday afternoon scenario is absolutely preposterous.

Beyond preposterous. If his attorney wasn't going through her own personal issues, they could have had the case thrown out on that alone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom