The chat room was interesting tonight... | Syracusefan.com

The chat room was interesting tonight...

cto

Administrator
Even when SU was down six with less than two minutes to go (or down one with four seconds to go)... it seemed like everyone there thought we were going to win.

The alleged negativity in the chat room ... was not in evidence tonight. We trailed almost the entire game... but no one there seemed to think we were going to lose.

Last edited:

SteveC

Starter
Nah, we were too busy complaining about the refs.. unless that was just me :oops:? who knows. this team is never out of a game. i refuse to believe they'll lose.

BludOrange

All Conference
At 23-0, they had yet to give us any reason to think we would lose. Now 24-0. Undefeated this far into a season, in a quality conference with quality out of conference wins, I see no reason to think we could lose any games. They find a way to win.

thebigeast44

Starter
SteveC said:
Nah, we were too busy complaining about the refs.. unless that was just me :oops:? who knows. this team is never out of a game. i refuse to believe they'll lose.

That's right. And cto is right as well, no one ever gave up - this team is not the best all time SU team but they are the best I have seen when it comes to winning time!

MELOKEITH

Scout Team
I certainly appreciate the chatroom. I came in during the 2nd half. It's cool seeing other people's perceptions of things.

texascpa

Living Legend
I wasn't on the chat until after the game, but I had resigned to the possibility of losing before the game started (must of been my mind was tired since I was sick). I'm pretty confident we won't go undefeated, and I expect us to lose at least one of our road games, with Duke or Pitt being the most likely candidate. Losing at Pitt wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. So, when my kids kept asking me late in the game, when SU was down 4, then 6, then 8 "Dad, are you mad?", I was like "nah, I'm okay if tonight's the night, we can't win every game". Then, of course, it was bedlam when Ennis hit the game winner. We piled on my 12-year old in celebration. :)

tbonezone

Living Legend
i may have been a bit hard on poor doris but did i not hear her say "jamie told me on the drive over from his house to the pete?"

rrlbees

2017 ESPN Tourney Challenge Winner
Staff member
cto said:
Even when SU was down six with less than two minutes to go (or down one with four seconds to go)... it seemed like everyone there thought we were going to win. The alleged negativity in the chat room ... was not in evidence tonight. We trailed almost the entire game... but no one there seemed to think we were going to lose.

Nobody will admit it but it was because I was logged into chat and they were skeeeered. :)

stuckinbig11

All Conference
Even when SU was down six with less than two minutes to go (or down one with four seconds to go)... it seemed like everyone there thought we were going to win.

The alleged negativity in the chat room ... was not in evidence tonight. We trailed almost the entire game... but no one there seemed to think we were going to lose.
I wasn't there, but what is this "lose" word of which you speak?

MELOKEITH

Scout Team
i may have been a bit hard on poor doris but did i not hear her say "jamie told me on the drive over from his house to the pete?"
I thought I heard that too... weird/creepy.

GoSU96

Living Legend
People have finally learned -------

40 Minute Game.

HtownOrange

Living Legend
Oreos for the remainder of the season and tourneys. Double stuffed are mandatory for big games.

SarasotaPaul

Starter
Love you CTO - but the supposed negativity has kept me out because it was more than supposed. Thank you for posting this though because now I will go back to it.

This team performs miracles!!

llandz

Hall of Fame
I for one also thought without Keita, and the whole "at Pitt" history, that we might lose. And the way the game was going with the officiating I had my doubts. I left with 5 minutes to go as I had a dinner in AZ at a sorority sisters house who does not follow the basketball team. I listened on my car radio as thankfully I have XM. I sat outside for as long as possible and listened, and then turned off the radio and went in. I checked my phone and saw we were down by about 5 with something like 3 minutes to go, and decided not to check for a long time. It seemed we were staying in that "slightly" down range most of the night. And then I picked up my phone about 20 minutes later, took one look at the score, and had to text my friend to make sure it was correct, all while keeping quiet as the 16 other ladies at dinner would have no understanding of a screaming crazy lady. Had to stay calm until I left at 10:20. I then got into my car, and yelled "I can't believe it we --won!!!!" Then I screamed at the top of my lungs!!!

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
HtownOrange said:
Oreos for the remainder of the season and tourneys. Double stuffed are mandatory for big games.

Dip them in PBR.

Ghost

Gentleman of the Night
I started getting a little frustrated with CJ but of course he redeemed himself like a boss.

Yeah, I've found myself getting upset with him in a couple of second halves this year, but then I usually want him to keep shooting anyway because it seems like more often than not he's money down the stretch in close games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimjones989

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom