The chemistry is fully fixed... | Syracusefan.com

The chemistry is fully fixed...

AZcuse77

Scout Team
With our margin for error its amazing to push Ville to OT going 8-33 from deep... but one big positive is this team is showing heart and pulling for each other. Frank had one of his best games in awhile and you could see the bench engaged and the players all pulling for each other including Frank. Robey and TT both had arguably their best games of the ACC season after Robey being totally lost the last few games. Our volume money shooter just had an off game, it happens. Even he was driving and hustling when nothing would fall.

We can definitely still go 3-1 to end the season if we play with this heart. It's not a title team but it's fun to see them engaged. Compare that with the high expectation of NC State and how another talented team has completely given up during adversity... which I thought this team had at a point.

With our margin for error its amazing to push Ville to OT going 8-33 from deep... but one big positive is this team is showing heart and pulling for each other. Frank had one of his best games in awhile and you could see the bench engaged and the players all pulling for each other including Frank. Robey and TT both had arguably their best games of the ACC season after Robey being totally lost the last few games. Our volume money shooter just had an off game, it happens. Even he was driving and hustling when nothing would fall.

We can definitely still go 3-1 to end the season if we play with this heart. It's not a title team but it's fun to see them engaged. Compare that with the high expectation of NC State and how another talented team has completely given up during adversity... which I thought this team had at a point.
The fact that Roberson best game of ACC was 4 points and 8 rebounds is tough to take for a senior. I wanted him to be good but man he has been disappointing.

4 points on 2 shots. not like he was chucking and missing. like say... Atrey.

Can't help but now feel as if half of Roberson's decline is a direct result of our guard play again

Can't help but now feel as if half of Roberson's decline is a direct result of our guard play again
It's not half, it's like 100%. Roberson feeds off easy lobs and put backs from guards who attack the rim. We had G, Cooney, and Mali all do that for us last year. It's no wonder he was a monster in certain games. It's very difficult to offensive rebound 3 pointers and our guards are terrible at throwing the ball up to the rim.

The fact that Roberson best game of ACC was 4 points and 8 rebounds is tough to take for a senior. I wanted him to be good but man he has been disappointing.

Robby has looked shattered lately... clearly his response to the criticism has been to lose all confidence... as evident at the free throw line.

I see it as a positive his hustle today from what I've seen lately.

Roby was far from disappointing tonight. Besides 4pts and 8 rebs., he saved at least 3-4 others tipping them to other players. He also had 3 assists and a steal and his defense was good as always.

Far from a disappointing game.

Roby was far from disappointing tonight. Besides 4pts and 8 rebs., he saved at least 3-4 others tipping them to other players. He also had 3 assists and a steal and his defense was good as always.

Yep he had several he didn't get credit for. Freshman TT looked good too in second half and is gradually looking like less of an eye sore on D.

I liked the idea of Robey over TT for rebounding at the end with the game he had it's just too bad his confidence is lowest at the line right now. That would have been so huge if he knocked 2 down as he did at one point in the midst of missing the other 10 straight.

I was as big of fan as any and was hoping he would eventually start hitting that 15 footer. For our only senior (coleman is hurt) to get a pass all season on 4 points and 8 rebounds and a couple tips to other players is tough to take. I get that it's what we are getting from him from now On but to say it is disappointing is an understatement.

(AZ, this isnt to you) Frank's very kind and well-thought words about Roberson and the free throws were what I consider the epitome of being a teammate. Either the claims of him being a cancer were BS, or he has made one amazing turnaround as a teammate in a very short period of time(or I suppose he could be doing an amazing acting job as well, but their certainly was effort involved). I'm leaning toward the ant-Howard claims on here being BS, like much of the "Great Pumpkin" crap from the payside. Far more often than not, it doesn't seem to pan out, and someone needs to call it out. If it has to be me, then so be it. I wish I had Howard's words handy, because they didn't seem to be just the average words a student athlete might mumble in the same situation, in my opinion...nor something from someone recently reformed and now on parole. If you get a chance to read them, please judge for yourself.

Agree with you AZ on 3-1 being possible(and very much so). Any of these remaining games is winnable, after what this team showed tonight despite a sick Battle and a ton of missed 3s.

I noticed it was Frank who helped Gillon up on that nearly last play where Gillon stepped on the end line before chucking up that behind the head shot and falling down in front of our bench. So maybe that relationship is fixed...

Here's my crazy thought for the day and then i really need to get some work done. What if JB is intentionally becoming the focus of the team with his mean comments about Robey, and rough treatment of other players... Maybe he realized the only way to fix the chemistry issues between players was to give them all something bigger to hate - him.

If it works, I'm for it. Especially since he's handing over the keys soon anyway.

It's not half, it's like 100%. Roberson feeds off easy lobs and put backs from guards who attack the rim. We had G, Cooney, and Mali all do that for us last year. It's no wonder he was a monster in certain games. It's very difficult to offensive rebound 3 pointers and our guards are terrible at throwing the ball up to the rim.
and Gillon should never throw another lob in any game ...EVER.

this moment stands out to me. about 2 minutes left down 7 there's a wild pinball scramble. white on the floor secures the ball and dishes over to gillon. gillon steps back and nails a three. great play. but not quite. roberson is standing all alone under the basket. what's the better % shot. point guard needs to know.

this moment stands out to me. about 2 minutes left down 7 there's a wild pinball scramble. white on the floor secures the ball and dishes over to gillon. gillon steps back and nails a three. great play. but not quite. roberson is standing all alone under the basket. what's the better % shot. point guard needs to know.

Actually, I think Gillon did exactly the right thing there. He knows he has a rebounder under the basket, so why not take the 3 point try when you are fairly certain about the fate of the rebound.

But, I initially thought just like you when I saw Robey under the hoop.

We can still make it but it's going to be heavy lifting.

243004239b9c8fd2ec3d0cf0f1c51c7a.jpg

We can still make it but it's going to be heavy lifting.

243004239b9c8fd2ec3d0cf0f1c51c7a.jpg

This is what my posting duties often feel like when I'm on the wagon and can't drink. Hopefully SU get's it's dose of Popeye's spinach or whatever it needs to become the special team it's capable of being.

(AZ, this isnt to you) Frank's very kind and well-thought words about Roberson and the free throws were what I consider the epitome of being a teammate. Either the claims of him being a cancer were BS, or he has made one amazing turnaround as a teammate in a very short period of time(or I suppose he could be doing an amazing acting job as well, but their certainly was effort involved). I'm leaning toward the ant-Howard claims on here being BS, like much of the "Great Pumpkin" crap from the payside. Far more often than not, it doesn't seem to pan out, and someone needs to call it out. If it has to be me, then so be it. I wish I had Howard's words handy, because they didn't seem to be just the average words a student athlete might mumble in the same situation, in my opinion...nor something from someone recently reformed and now on parole. If you get a chance to read them, please judge for yourself.

Agree with you AZ on 3-1 being possible(and very much so). Any of these remaining games is winnable, after what this team showed tonight despite a sick Battle and a ton of missed 3s.
Take that back, the Great Pumpkin is real! (Linus told me). The best part is they way they fight. If they are down 10, you still want to watch to the end. Unless we win the next 3, the risk of the bubble will always be present. Every game should matter, and it certainly didn't look that way a month ago.

Take that back, the Great Pumpkin is real! (Linus told me). The best part is they way they fight. If they are down 10, you still want to watch to the end. Unless we win the next 3, the risk of the bubble will always be present. Every game should matter, and it certainly didn't look that way a month ago.

Amen brother! Of course I ALWAYS want to watch the end...unlike a decent enough number of the FANS at the DOME who were leaving early...as the announcers shamefully exposed. But I hear what you're saying, even the less diehard would most often want to watch the end due to the fact these guys have a mix of fight and magic in them.

About the Great Pumpkin...is that what we're doing when we hope for that elusive 2nd championship?

EDIT: I just remembered I wanted to compliment your screen name. Good beer, I think they brew it out my way. And I have a Saranac T-Shirt a friend gave me a few years back that actually says something like "THE GREAT PUMPKIN IS COMING!(or has arrived, not sure if mine is the same as this)"!!!! I kid you not. So in at least one sense, it indeed IS real, maybe at least seasonally? ;)

(I'm generally a cheap beer drinker like Marsh and others on here, but on special occasions I like to act like a high roller...the CTO of beer drinkers, or something)

Pumpkin-Back-2014.jpg

Last edited:
Amen brother! Of course I ALWAYS want to watch the end...unlike a decent enough number of the FANS at the DOME who were leaving early...as the announcers shamefully exposed. But I hear what you're saying, even the less diehard would most often want to watch the end due to the fact these guys have a mix of fight and magic in them.

About the Great Pumpkin...is that what we're doing when we hope for that elusive 2nd championship?

EDIT: I just remembered I wanted to compliment your screen name. Good beer, I think they brew it out my way. And I have a Saranac T-Shirt a friend gave me a few years back that actually says something like "THE GREAT PUMPKIN IS COMING!(or has arrived, not sure if mine is the same as this)"!!!! I kid you not. So in at least one sense, it indeed IS real, maybe at least seasonally? ;)

(I'm generally a cheap beer drinker like Marsh and others on here, but on special occasions I like to act like a high roller...the CTO of beer drinkers, or something)

Pumpkin-Back-2014.jpg

Pumpkin-Back-2014.jpg
That's an awesome shirt. I'm from the Cuse area so know Saranac well. Fat Tire is brewed in Colorado. Became a fan when someone gave me one at a concert, and now it is finally in NY. About the Great Pumpkin, I have no idea what the other user meant, but like your interpretation...haha

That's an awesome shirt. I'm from the Cuse area so know Saranac well. Fat Tire is brewed in Colorado. Became a fan when someone gave me one at a concert, and now it is finally in NY. About the Great Pumpkin, I have no idea what the other user meant, but like your interpretation...haha

My uncle used to work for Utica Brewery and would get us some treats. I think for awhile they had one called "The 12 Beers of Christmas", but I think "they" made them change the name for some reason, which is kind of sad, in my opinion. I found the name to have a nice ring to it.

Speaking of the establishment messing with folks, sometime if you want to try a far healthier beer, see if you can get your hands on one not killed by pasteurization...similar to the raw milk the jackboots have actually raided with military swat teams. Only in America, land of the "free". Ok, I will stop my "wake up" rant before I get too bitter, but if I made 1 lurker on here think and question things, it's worth it to me. I long for a day when people can eat and drink living/healthy food in my country.

Maybe that dream is a Great Pumpkin too? Something(cough cough) riled me up today, and you just happened to be around to catch it. I'm normally slightly more reserved. If I do ever have the fortune to run into you, I'd be happy to share some Flat Tire and raw goat's milk with you(not both at the same time).

EDIT: you reminded me I had some goat cheese in the fridge, which I had to finish off. Sometimes this board actually serves practical use for me!

Last edited:

That's good to hear. I think there was definitely something going on to screw up the chemistry earlier this season but what is fact or fiction I'm not important enough to know. The hints from those who know more I still think are likely and they seem to have been properly dealt with. These are all kids who make mistakes just like every year... we just live in a different day and age where nothing seems to stay in house.

My uncle used to work for Utica Brewery and would get us some treats. I think for awhile they had one called "The 12 Beers of Christmas", but I think "they" made them change the name for some reason, which is kind of sad, in my opinion. I found the name to have a nice ring to it.

Speaking of the establishment messing with folks, sometime if you want to try a far healthier beer, see if you can get your hands on one not killed by pasteurization...similar to the raw milk the jackboots have actually raided with military swat teams. Only in America, land of the "free". Ok, I will stop my "wake up" rant before I get too bitter, but if I made 1 lurker on here think and question things, it's worth it to me. I long for a day when people can eat and drink living/healthy food in my country.

Maybe that dream is a Great Pumpkin too? Something(cough cough) riled me up today, and you just happened to be around to catch it. I'm normally slightly more reserved. If I do ever have the fortune to run into you, I'd be happy to share some Flat Tire and raw goat's milk with you(not both at the same time).

EDIT: you reminded me I had some goat cheese in the fridge, which I had to finish off. Sometimes this board actually serves practical use for me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom