The coaches are on the road..Again/ One more time. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

The coaches are on the road..Again/ One more time.

Greece Arcadia, Greece NY

Last edited by a moderator:
Antonio ‏ @AntonioCorsi_ Jan 11
@CuseQBCoach Thank you coach for stopping by today at St Francis see you at camp!

Matt Jaworski‏ @mattjaws3 Jan 12
@CuseQBCoach Thank you coach for stopping by at St Francis yesterday. See you at camp!

St. Francis HS, Buffalo

I wonder how they pick these schools to visit. Alot of the schools aren't known to have alot of previous D1 football players and some particularly the ones in Rochester area have no known D1 players in the pipeline. Just wonderin'

I wonder how they pick these schools to visit. Alot of the schools aren't known to have alot of previous D1 football players and some particularly the ones in Rochester area have no known D1 players in the pipeline. Just wonderin'
They are always going to visit the schools in Western NY. It helps to develop a relationship with in state coaches. Helps to promote SU football. The other schools they have probably been sent hudl video from prospective players or they have a relationship with the High School coach.

They are always going to visit the schools in Western NY. It helps to develop a relationship with in state coaches. Helps to promote SU football. The other schools they have probably been sent hudl video from prospective players or they have a relationship with the High School coach.
So it basically helps us get first heads up at great kids when they get developed at schools like this?

So it basically helps us get first heads up at great kids when they get developed at schools like this?
Not really. If SU is getting the hudl videos so are other football programs. It's more of a development of a relationship with the HS coaching staff and expressing interest in their players. There isn't suppose to be contact with Freshman, Sophomores and Juniors off SU campus at this point.

It lets you put faces to a name and then know, from in person conversations, if you can take the opinion of that coach seriously when he calls you about a kid or you ask him about some kids they played against.

This was something I did a lot of with baseball recruiting (2 years collegiately). Relationships with HS coaches are much more useful beyond their own players, especially once you identify the coaches who don't bulls*it you. I'd probably talk to the coaches more about other players in their league than their own guys besides the make-up.

St. Pauls' HS, Concord, NH
4* QB Parker Mcquarrie(6'7). Crystal ball says BC cuz his brother plays there(DE). Not buying it. Seems like a heavier lean to Michigan. Kid reclassified his grad year. I suspect he doesn't want to sit, and wants another year of experience.

Go after this kid. #9 pro prospect in class.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom