The crowd, the injuries, and Darton… | Syracusefan.com

The crowd, the injuries, and Darton…

Jake

Mod
The crowd was spectacular. Probably 45ish actuals, but they did not take a play off. It was loud all the time. Probably helped stop at least 2 drives and literally caused a fumble. Just well done.

Really concerned about the injuries piling up. We finished the game with 4 guys on defense who started against Louisville. Four!

One of those guys was Darton. Dude needs his own fan club. He took an ungodly number of snaps and made some big plays especially early in the game. Not bad for a walk on. He literally is the only legit run stuffer we have.

What's his story? I know he was a walk-on that earned a well deserved scholarship, but was he a late bloomer or something? Guy's pretty legit.
Think he’s just a Northeast kid who put his head down and made his own path. I dont remember every being shocked by his tape. Think he’s just the kid who comes to work every day and gets after it

High School: Defensive tackle and fullback for four seasons, including his last two at Worcester Academy for head coach Tony Johnson ... Spent his first two prep seasons at St. Peter-Marian High School ... 2018 New England Preparatory School Athletic Council (NEPSAC) Lineman of the Year and named to the Class A All-NEPSAC Football Team ... 2018 CML Division co-Defensive Player of the Year ... Recorded 72 tackles and 10.5 sacks as a senior captain for the Hilltoppers ... Two-time Worcester Academy MVP ... Selected to play in the 2015 DMAXX All-American Game as a freshman at St. Peter-Marian.

My guess his size definitely kept him under recruited

What's his story? I know he was a walk-on that earned a well deserved scholarship, but was he a late bloomer or something? Guy's pretty legit.

Definitely great crowd overall. Definitely was loud. We will be using duct tape and glue keeping guys together on defense by season end. No biggie. ride the wave as long as possible. Darton I mentioned in another thread just had another great game. Dude is legit, he deserves some fan love. Really fun environment. Only negative were cold hot dogs in literally stale rock hard buns. Hot dogs and Nachos have been garbage. Someone needs to get food issues on someone's radar. The food is bad. Everything else was great.

Darton is an animal.

Props to every sub who played. They stepped in and balled out

I was a student in 87 and we stormed the field multiple times. Watching the fans storm field today gave me the warm fuzzies.

Life is just better when SUFB is ranked.

The guy is from Fitchburg, Mass. A tough, hard-working, blue-collar town in central Mass not far from the NH border. I lived there for a brief time. The city had grit and character. That describes Darton, tough, blue-collar, hard-working, gritty, overachiever. I love the guy.

Last edited:
Think he’s just a Northeast kid who put his head down and made his own path. I dont remember every being shocked by his tape. Think he’s just the kid who comes to work every day and gets after it
Reminds me of old NY Giant DLineman, Jim Burt. A bit undersized, has no business dominating, but just has that "something". Love this kid.

Last edited:
The crowd was spectacular. Probably 45ish actuals, but they did not take a play off. It was loud all the time. Probably helped stop at least 2 drives and literally caused a fumble. Just well done.

Really concerned about the injuries piling up. We finished the game with 4 guys on defense who started against Louisville. Four!

One of those guys was Darton. Dude needs his own fan club. He took an ungodly number of snaps and made some big plays especially early in the game. Not bad for a walk on. He literally is the only legit run stuffer we have.
Enough with the guesses on “ butts in seats” none of you know unless the school releases the number of tickets scanned. The place was packed besides the student section. Great crowd tonight and hopefully it continues with nd and fsu.

Sorry if I missed it elsewhere but did I see Linton get injured today as well? Like an arm injury? Anyone know?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom