The Dan Le Batard Show

• You get the show!

Votes: 24 61.5%
  • You don't get the show!

Votes: 15 38.5%

• Total voters

donniesyracuse

Hall of Fame
The other day Dan Le Batard mentioned that the show had over 8 million downloads in September, which far exceeds downloads of any other ESPN digital content. I am glad the show is gaining in popularity. I have stated before that the Dan Le Batard Show is the best thing on radio. Hopefully more sports broadcasters will follow Le Batard and reject the banality of current sports talk.

honestly cant stand the show. just a bunch of people talking drivel.. almost drives me back to listen to mike and mike.. I end up sticking with the college xm stations which have decent content and discussion.

I find the show entertaining and listen almost every day (when I'm working from home at least), but I can't stand the fact that he hosts a sports talk radio show and seems to have an absolute disdain for all things that are actually sports. Loves to talk controversy around sports though.

what does he do??

is he trying to be francesa?

I don't think he hates sports. He hates the way it is covered by the media and the way it is consumed by fans.

Ehhh, he almost never talks directly about sports. It's the periphery around sports. That leads me to believe that he's more interested in the sideshow than the real show.

Stugotz is basically a parody of those hot-take machine "real sports talk" guys anyway. So there's that.

Or maybe it's not a parody and that's how he really is.
YOU GET THE SHOW!
maxresdefault.jpg

That is exactly the point of the show. If you want the same old "Real Sports Talk," there are many other places to go.

I understand the point of the show and I already said that I enjoyed it. Just stated that at the same time, I don't think Le Batard is a sports fan and not only does he not care to talk sports talk, he doesn't really care to watch it much either.

I understand the point of the show and I already said that I enjoyed it. Just stated that at the same time, I don't think Le Batard is a sports fan and not only does he not care to talk sports talk, he doesn't really care to watch it much either.
If you ever listen to the local hour, you'll know he is a big fan of the University of Miami. I bet he watches more sports than most of us. I think he doesn't get caught up in it in the emotionally-primitive way that many of us do.

I get the show and I don't like the show because I just don't feel like LeBatard is funny enough to pull the concept off.

JMO, of course.

Papi is my man. A real hoot. I think it's great Le batard gets to do his show with his father.

Even though Dan jokingly pokes fun at his old man on the air, Dan clearly loves his Papi and the new life -- and fame -- he's been able to give him by having him on his TV show. Dan's an exceptional writer and this piece he wrote before the TV show launched several years ago is very touching.

I like that Dan's TV and radio shows have different casts. I think he's brilliant. Le Batard: Small repayments of a father's unending love

Dan's younger brother, David, also is accomplished in his field -- art -- and has, among other things, toured with musicians (Beasties, Thievery Corporation, Burning Spear, Arturo Sandoval) and painted in the background as they performed. Mr. and Mrs. Papi done good and it's great to see their oldest son show pops so much love and appreciation by helping make him a celebrity, a role Papi clearly embraces.
David Le Batard - Wikipedia

Even though Dan jokingly pokes fun at his old man on the air, Dan clearly loves his Papi and the new life -- and fame -- he's been able to give him by having him on his TV show. Dan's an exceptional writer and this piece he wrote before the TV show launched several years ago is very touching.

I like that Dan's TV and radio shows have different casts. I think he's brilliant. Le Batard: Small repayments of a father's unending love

Dan's younger brother, David, also is accomplished in his field -- art -- and has, among other things, toured with musicians (Beasties, Thievery Corporation, Burning Spear, Arturo Sandoval) and painted in the background as they performed. Mr. and Mrs. Papi done good and it's great to see their oldest son show pops so much love and appreciation by helping make him a celebrity, a role Papi clearly embraces.

Thanks for the info. I once saw a movie about the life of Arturo Sandoval who was played by Andy Garcia and how he was able to escape from Cuba with his wife and child. It had me crying at the end of the movie. The Cuban people have a great sense of humor because that has enable them to survive all the hardships they have suffered at the bands of the Communists.

Back I believe in the 90's folks from a Miami radio station actually called Cuba and were able to get through all the red tape and get a hold of Fidel. They had a recording of Hugo Chavez who was a close buddy of Fidel and somehow they were able to convince Fidel that he was speaking to Chavez. This went on for a while until they basically told Fidel he was being punked and called him every name in the book .Fidel fired back by calling them every name in the book. It was hilarious.

I don't get a chance to hear or watch his show often but when I do, I invariably find it interesting and amusing. I am sure it is not for everyone, but I like it a lot.

Where else can you get a serious answer to a question like "who would win a fight between a bear and a lion"?

Last edited:
Is he sleeping on air?! Still trying to find Ray Kateener's car dealership too.

Just last week was saying the cold weather in Dallas is huge, as the players have not played in that type of weather etc. Completely going over the fact they have the roof closed for those games, then of course would never admit to a mistake, so he tried to play around it and as always comes off as a blowhard douche

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom