The defensive line played great | Syracusefan.com

The defensive line played great

SmilinBob

Living Legend
They played a great game vs the run and seeing guys from the dline leading the team in tackles near Debate is a refreshing thing to see. I would have liked to see a little more pressure on Nova or sacks but overall these guys have seriously stepped up their game. This is an aspect of the game that gives me hope for the next 6 games and if it continues and SU doesn't have the -4 turnover thing, they will win.

The interior of our DL has been awesome, Bromley especially. However, our edge DEs have been awful sans Sharpe against Pitt. The other 5 games they have done nothing to generate a consistent pass rush.

This may be one of the best stretches the defense has had under Marrone

The interior of our DL has been awesome, Bromley especially. However, our edge DEs have been awful sans Sharpe against Pitt. The other 5 games they have done nothing to generate a consistent pass rush.

That surprises me a little and I haven't looked at the tape to see how that broke down vs Rutty. UConns going to try to ram it down the throats and play action to the TE's so we'll see how the DE's do there. I'm hoping that the DE's did a nice job on the runs and kept rutting running on the inside/no bounce and run for 12 yards where SU had some penetration.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom