The DL is projected as big time | Syracusefan.com

The DL is projected as big time

CaliCuse

All American
Now that Williams is on the brink of securing for his career,it looks like the front four will be in good hands for a decent length of time. Now we /Shafer needs to jack up the second and third line of defense, being backers and secondary. Backers are fair . Secondary has a ways to go even with Wayne Morgan coming into the program.Sure we have a couple others to look at but Morgan is the cream there. Since Reddish was taken away from the offense,I want to see him succeed this year back there. Corner or safety doesn't really matter as long as he plays well at one or the other. If they are worse than last year Doug is doomed.:bat:

Would WWilliams be better suited to be an offensive lineman given his height, weight & speed?

Would WWilliams be better suited to be an offensive lineman given his height, weight & speed?

He's a damn good DT or NT. Why move him to a position he's not as experienced/talented at?

He's a damn good DT or NT. Why move him to a position he's not as experienced/talented at?
The scarcest commodity in college football are defensive tackles. Especially ones that can play NT. WW is a good enough athlete that he would probably be an excellent OL but I agree with LeMoyne. It would be a bad mistake to move him from the DL. A guy that size has the potential to really disrupt the inside running game. Will help our LBs to get free to make tackles big time.

The scarcest commodity in college football are defensive tackles. Especially ones that can play NT. WW is a good enough athlete that he would probably be an excellent OL but I agree with LeMoyne. It would be a bad mistake to move him from the DL. A guy that size has the potential to really disrupt the inside running game. Will help our LBs to get free to make tackles big time.
I agree- the way Haloti Ngata stuffs the inside run and often gets double-teamed, freeing up inside gaps for Suggs (last year's defensive MVP) and Ray Lewis. And when he gets a push into the backfield, the OL protection completely disintegrates. If a team can generate pressure from their front 4 (like when Freeney was here), it opens up all kinds of options for the defense and makes containment by the secondary so much easier.

reddish/morgan/Lyn/Desir/George for the next few seasons...sounds pretty legit to me..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom