The DO just tweeted a pic of GMac on the court with TC and TE... | Syracusefan.com

The DO just tweeted a pic of GMac on the court with TC and TE...

jekelish

Living Legend
...and I realized that, based on that picture, GMac looks like he could still step out on the court and play today without missing a beat. So I figured it's always a good time to share this video yet again:

I also watched a couple highlights of the 03 title game, and something I never really paid attention to or noticed before, but pretty much every three pointer that he made in the first half, if you watch, you'll see Melo start trotting/walking back on defense as soon as he goes up for the shot, like he knows, "Yeah, that's going in." Love it.

Favorite player 1B all-time for me (1A being Lazarus, and Ennis is making a strong push for 1C). If he had actually been his listed 6-2 rather than about 5-10 he may have had a shot at finding a role in the NBA, but I'm glad we've got him on the SU bench.

Tell him the next time his Scranton friends come to wear Orange at least. Too many Members Only jackets with other color shirts underneath coming off that bus.

GMac's last game/Dome farewell is and forever will be of my favorite Syracuse moments of all-time. Pretty sure I shed a tear.
Dude, I wasn't even there, and it gets a little dusty in the room just watching the YouTube clip. Of course I admit now, being a dad, it's largely in looking at his parents and thinking about how insanely proud they must have been at that moment. I would have lost if it I was them.

Also note at the end of that video - when GMac came out of that game, the longest hug went to Hop. Unless someone else snatches GMac away from us, I don't see any way that he doesn't become the Hop to Hop's JB whenever Hop becomes the head coach.

Gmac is my favorite Syracuse player of all time and I've been a fan for 40 years. 4 full years of that kid leaving every ounce of himself out on that court. He may not have been the fastest, quickest, or even the best shooter but he brought an intangible that most other players can only dream of having. He just embodies everything that constitutes being a "winner". I have to point out that it's no accident or coincidence that our guards are having such a remarkable and surprising impact this season... it is largely in part because of Gmac.

Gmac is my favorite Syracuse player of all time and I've been a fan for 40 years. 4 full years of that kid leaving every ounce of himself out on that court. He may not have been the fastest, quickest, or even the best shooter but he brought an intangible that most other players can only dream of having. He just embodies everything that constitutes being a "winner". I have to point out that it's no accident or coincidence that our guards are having such a remarkable and surprising impact this season... it is largely in part because of Gmac.
I agree that while he may not have been as pure a shooter as, say, Andy Rautins...there's never been a Syracuse player in my 33 years of life, at least as long as I remember watching (I first started REALLY becoming aware in the late 80s) who, when he put up a shot at the end of the game, I was more sure was going to make it. I don't care what kind of game he had leading up to it, if it was a tense situation and GMac put up a three, I was always 100% sure it was going in.

That was the last Syracuse basketball game i had for my dads season tix

Oh jeez. This cold weather always brings a tear to my eyes. Yeah, that's it.

He had one of the better senior days that I can remember out of a player.

Also note at the end of that video - when GMac came out of that game, the longest hug went to Hop. Unless someone else snatches GMac away from us, I don't see any way that he doesn't become the Hop to Hop's JB whenever Hop becomes the head coach.

So Dunn was over Unger and I was over Dunn? ;)

He is absolutely Hop's right hand man.

Gerry will forever be my favorite player...My buddies still laugh when yell Geeeerrrryyyyyyyy before the start of almost every SU game and at least once or twice during :).

Also around the 5:10 mark you see Jay and his bench clapping as well, and a couple of the Nova players too.

Love that they show the clip from the end of the first half against Missouri when he stole the inbounds pass and scored at the buzzer.

What a difference 8 years makes. The Dome looks so much better over the last several years with the vast majority wearing orange.

For as big an SU fan as I am. I have only one photo of an SU player on the wall in the office, and it's Gerry. I love that kid like he was my own son.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom