The Dome Crowd | Syracusefan.com

The Dome Crowd

CsonkaStash

Starter
Being down 35 - 22 at half and shooting awfully the game looked pretty bleak. The second half crowd fed the team and the team fed off the crowd. It was pretty loud for 24k and I legitimately think we need to try to leverage the crowd more. It can get incredibly loud in the Dome and be a major intimidation factor for any team...Georgetown let the noise, the energy and the momentum get to them down the stretch...Wish more people would get off their hands earlier in the game..

The Dome is an advantage...I know some people don't like the venue but it was loud and intimidating tonight and an asset for both recruiting and for close games. Crowd tonight was fantastic and I am proud to have been part of it !

Last edited:
I’ll just say it: the crowd willed the team to win. All we had to do was hit a bucket in the second half and the crowd began roaring. Most of us have been to games where the sound is deafening. It is exhilarating! And here comes that good energy magic! (Where’s Captain J?)

We have two new guys sitting next to us, a father and his 17 year old son: the most negative duo I have ever seen. Cursing the players, calling them names, especially Chukwu. I finally teasingly called them out on it and they toned it down some. It’s going to be a looooong season with these guys. Also, the son made a snide comment about gays during one of the first games.

Mmmmm mmmm mmmmm.

I’ll just say it: the crowd willed the team to win. All we had to do was hit a bucket in the second half and the crowd began roaring. Most of us have been to games where the sound is deafening. It is exhilarating! And here comes that good energy magic! (Where’s Captain J?)

We have two new guys sitting next to us, a father and his 17 year old son: the most negative duo I have ever seen. Cursing the players, calling them names, especially Chukwu. I finally teasingly called them out on it and they toned it down some. It’s going to be a looooong season with these guys. Also, the son made a snide comment about gays during one of the first games.

Mmmmm mmmm mmmmm.

Slap him

Phenomenal and completely agree...The experience of the crowd when it came down to the wire is why I go as well. I would not trade that experience for anything...And the crowd helped us win the game !
like the photo . remember #39 flipping the bird on the SI cover ?

Slap him
Its funny you say that because I had some really negative people near me too. At the risk of sounding like someone who overstates the crowd's impact...negativity does not help the team. Being a doomsday fan is not good for the energy of the game and at a minimum is not helping the team. Had a least three people near me who were claiming our season was over 9 games in and in the first half

Its funny you say that because I had some really negative people near me too. At the risk of sounding like someone who overstates the crowd's impact...negativity does not help the team. Being a doomsday fan is not good for the energy of the game and at a minimum is not helping the team. Had a least three people near me who were claiming our season was over 9 games in and in the first half
This is so true! I get being discouraged and upset when we are playing like crap. But you don’t start yelling, “Chukwu, you suck!” It’s horrible! These guys are fans who are very passionate, but their passion is expressed in anger towards the team when things aren’t going well. They were happy as can be when we won.

People like father/son can start bringing down the people around them. I honestly believe the negativity can float in waves down towards the court. I suggested they start saying things like, “Chukwu, you can do it! Yes, you can!” So, whenever Chukwu did something good, I’d say, “Seeee? Isn’t that better?” They did laugh at me. Laughter is good.

not to hijack but what was tossed onto the court and were the perpetrators caught ?
Good questions but don't know...I saw something and we are lucky there was not a T called.

This is so true! I get being discouraged and upset when we are playing like crap. But you don’t start yelling, “Chukwu, you suck!” It’s horrible! These guys are fans who are very passionate, but their passion is expressed in anger towards the team when things aren’t going well. They were happy as can be when we won.

People like father/son can start bringing down the people around them. I honestly believe the negativity can float in waves down towards the court. I suggested they start saying things like, “Chukwu, you can do it! Yes, you can!” So, whenever Chukwu did something good, I’d say, “Seeee? Isn’t that better?” They did laugh at me. Laughter is good.
I completely agree with you...Positivity is contagious and impacts the team eventually. Some people think that if they are negative it will motivate the team. Not exactly sure how to be honest

It is central NY after all.

Being down 35 - 22 at half and shooting awfully the game looked pretty bleak. The second half crowd fed the team and the team fed off the crowd. It was pretty loud for 24k and I legitimately think we need to try to leverage the crowd more. It can get incredibly loud in the Dome and be a major intimidation factor for any team...Georgetown let the noise, the energy and the momentum get to them down the stretch...Wish more people would get off their hands earlier in the game..

The Dome is an advantage...I know some people don't like the venue but it was loud and intimidating tonight and an asset for both recruiting and for close games. Crowd tonight was fantastic and I am proud to have been part of it !
For sure, I could feel the energy coming from my TV.

I wasn't able to watch the game today, which, in hindsight, I'm happy about. That would have tested every nerve. I watched the 2nd half tonight, knowing what would happen, and it was still challenging. But the one thing that stuck out was the crowd. It really popped today in that 2nd half and came through so well on the broadcast. Great job to all of those that were there. Shulman mentioned the noise a few times.

I was at the Ohio State game, folks sitting near me were saying the same about OSU

It's universal with the casual fans, not just the casual Syracuse fans

Of course Ohio State lost that game by double digits.

Those people aren't fans. They are just people who feel they are entitled to see a team win.

It really doesn't have much to do with supporting the team as much as making themselves feel good.

Those people aren't fans. They are just people who feel they are entitled to see a team win.

It really doesn't have much to do with supporting the team as much as making themselves feel good.
So they can feel superior by making others inferior. If we win, it’s about me; if we lose, it’s about you. Nice!

Now, don’t get me wrong. We all get mad at players from time to time. But this is different.

You guys may have to be my therapists as this season wears on! Or help me with some good comebacks.

Of course Ohio State lost that game by double digits.
that game was questionable for Syracuse given they had 28 fouls, it wasn't in hand until about 4 minutes before it ended. OSU fans were leaving to rake the leaves as soon as SU was up by 6

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom