The Downside - BC II | Syracusefan.com

The Downside - BC II

SWC75

Bored Historian
- We left an inferior team in the game far too long. Or were they an inferior team? This is the flattest conference I can remember being in. The difference between the worst and the best teams is the smallest ever.

- We gave up 13 offensive rebounds, probably due to all the threes they were taking. But there were plays where we could have gotten the ball underneath but we didn’t.

- Benny Williams responded to the criticism over his ‘personnel day’ by playing exactly the way he did when he lost his starting position: a two pointer and a three point clank but no other stats in 7 minutes.

- Maliq Brown didn’t exactly burn it up, also going 1 for 2 but in 37 minutes. He scored 3 points and had 6 rebounds but that’s not a lot for a power forward in 37 minutes.

- Chris Bell played with energy but not with efficiency: 0 for 3 and two fouls in 11 minutes. He did have a couple rebounds and an assist but that’s not going to get him more playing time.

Maliq does so much for this team that doesn’t show up in a box score. He shouldn’t be showing up in your downside posts.

I'm a big Maliq fan. But getting off two shots in 37 minutes is a disappointment, especially with Jesse getting the defensive attention. JB said he "really didn't have it today", while acknowledging that he did get his hands on some balls that don't show up in the box score.

Maliq does so much for this team that doesn’t show up in a box score. He shouldn’t be showing up in your downside posts.
JB acknowledged as much in his presser. “Makes no mistakes“ was his direct quote

Was it 6 pts and 6 rebs from 3 forwards...yikes!

I'm a big Maliq fan. But getting off two shots in 37 minutes is a disappointment, especially with Jesse getting the defensive attention. JB said he "really didn't have it today", while acknowledging that he did get his hands on some balls that don't show up in the box score.
A lot of Malik's shots often come when Jesse gets double teamed, but BC played Jesse straight up - end result - more opportunities for Jesse and fewer for Malik. He also had a couple of kick outs to open trey shooters where he possibly could have scored himself if he played less unselfishly, but yeah, he should have had more than two shots.

A lot of Malik's shots often come when Jesse gets double teamed, but BC played Jesse straight up - end result - more opportunities for Jesse and fewer for Malik. He also had a couple of kick outs to open trey shooters where he possibly could have scored himself if he played less unselfishly, but yeah, he should have had more than two shots.

If he'd had more than 6 rebounds in 37 minutes, he'd have had more shots.

Jesse scoring 27 and not being doubled is why. Maliq needs to give him space in that type of game and let Jesse do the work down low. If they double, then he takes advantage and focuses on scoring.

If he'd had more than 6 rebounds in 37 minutes, he'd have had more shots.

Actually, I see he had 4 offensive rebounds, so he passed them for other people's shots at least twice. An example of the things he does that aren't obvious in the box score.

Like I said, I'm a fan.

Bell seems to have a problem focusing on D - A LOT.

Case and point, he was guarding a BC player inbounding the ball under the basket and the camera shot showed bell up close and was he staring out into space doing jumping jacks and not tracking the inbounder's eyes at all. It was classic "going through the motions" on D and not focused effort.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom