The Downside - Boston College I | Syracusefan.com

The Downside - Boston College I

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Bourama Sidibie had alligator arms until he was replaced by Jesse Edwards who was worse. At least it motivated Bourama to make a couple of plays when he got back in. But between them our two centers played 28 minutes, scored 2 points on the one shot they got off. They did manage 10 rebounds but each had rebounds stripped out of their arms by shorter but stronger players. I always say: you are as tall as where you’re holding the ball. if you are holding it at your belly button, that’s how tall you are playing.

- Quincy Guerrier had a nice couple of minutes in the second half, getting a defensive rebound, then an offensive rebound and a a dunk, then another dunk and a block. Unfortunately, he played 21 minutes.

- We ended the game up by 26 points. We will start the next game tied.

I was so worried about Elijah after that horrific fall. It looked to me like he was holding ice to his ribs. He went back in for a minute and then came right back out. He seemed okay in the second half, but I sure as hell hope this is not one of those painful haunting injuries that he will have to play through.

Eli in particular, but also Marek, try to bowling ball through their opponent king pins and they end up taking spectacular falls that could be season ending. Over and over! Also Guerrier falls a lot. He lands on his butt more than any player I have remembered. I guess we can’t finesse our way to the basket because our centers are unreliable but holy crap, show some judgment! Eli can shoot from mid-court and make it. What is he trying to prove? He can also make sweet little jump shots. There is no excuse for that fall. He was trying to plow through three defenders.

Am I over-reacting? Tell me the truth. I can handle it!

I was so worried about Elijah after that horrific fall. It looked to me like he was holding ice to his ribs. He went back in for a minute and then came right back out. He seemed okay in the second half, but I sure as hell hope this is not one of those painful haunting injuries that he will have to play through.

Eli in particular, but also Marek, try to bowling ball through their opponent king pins and they end up taking spectacular falls that could be season ending. Over and over! Also Guerrier falls a lot. He lands on his butt more than any player I have remembered. I guess we can’t finesse our way to the basket because our centers are unreliable but holy crap, show some judgment! Eli can shoot from mid-court and make it. What is he trying to prove? He can also make sweet little jump shots. There is no excuse for that fall. He was trying to plow through three defenders.

Call that in to tonight's JB Show!

He took a path around the defender. The defender slid into him at the last second. It was a blatant block and dangerous. Ref got it wrong. That kid (shepperd?) on BC was undercutting all night.

We have three forwards who create all sorts of mismatches and they are way more confident attacking the paint now. This is how we have to play and keep working the refs to get some fairness in this hacky league.

He took a path around the defender. The defender slid into him at the last second. It was a blatant block and dangerous. Ref got it wrong. That kid (shepperd?) on BC was undercutting all night.

We have three forwards who create all sorts of mismatches and they are way more confident attacking the paint now. This is how we have to play and keep working the refs to get some fairness in this hacky league.
I tend to agree with you that the defender slid or took a very strong lean into Hughes at the last second. I simply do not understand the finer points on block vs charge so I have to accept the call on the floor. JB did not seem to protest the call very much? I agree with bballbeadle about why Hughes continues to crash into the middle when he is a good outside shooter.

I tend to agree with you that the defender slid or took a very strong lean into Hughes at the last second. I simply do not understand the finer points on block vs charge so I have to accept the call on the floor. JB did not seem to protest the call very much? I agree with bballbeadle about why Hughes continues to crash into the middle when he is a good outside shooter.
You guys are probably right in that particular instance. Hughes had plenty of space to shoot.

you sound like a mom lol

We practiced the jump stop all the time when I played in high school to both avoid charges and use it to have more athletic/bigger defenders fly by you who were trying to block shots. It's pretty underutilized in most of the sport today. Would have saved Buddy from getting blocked and getting a charge yesterday, and the same for Hughes.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom