The Downside - Georgia Tech | Syracusefan.com

The Downside - Georgia Tech

SWC75

Bored Historian
- The second and third quarters were ugly. After a great 17-0 first quarter, Tech had a 6-20 run in which they opened huge holes in our 3 man defensive line and their backs were breaking arm tackles in the secondary. It looked inevitable that the jackets would take over the game and win going away. But then our defense started making big plays again. But I’ve thought all along that the 3-3-5 has got to be vulnerable to a power running attack and we’ll see more of them.

- DeVito throw an interceptions when trying to throw on the run he threw off his back foot instead of stepping into it, resulting in a badly underthrown ball. on another play he and Taj Harris, for the third time in three games, weren’t communicating and Taj broke off the route, watching a long pass sail far over his head. Tommy scrambled for what appeared to be a first down but stepped out in front of the downs marker rather than beyond it. He also threw a ball to Johnson that was thrown far outside. A more direct pass would have allowed Johnson to gain a first down but he had to run back towards the sideline to get it and came up short. It looked like Tommy was afraid of an interception as a d-back was closing on the play. He’s still got some work to do.

- We got big plays but showed a continuing inability to sustain drives. I’ll take big plays over drives but that’s being occasionally great, rather than consistently good. Let’s do both.

- I thought Markenzie Pierre was going to get his first TD but upon further review, his knee was down at the 2. They gave him the ball on fourth down and he got stuffed.

- Tech has got to be kicking itself. They rushed for 275 yards and out-gained us 453-357. They had 23 first downs to 14. And ran 84 plays to 65. But they turned the ball over 5 times were called for a ridiculous 15 penalties. They were for only 104 yards, which tells you that there were a lot of 5 yarders in there. Those are concentration penalties. If they’d played a clean game, they would have won, probably easily.

The downside is that we did not finish 44-20 or 40-20. 40 something is prettier.

- The second and third quarters were ugly. After a great 17-0 first quarter, Tech had a 6-20 run in which they opened huge holes in our 3 man defensive line and their backs were breaking arm tackles in the secondary. It looked inevitable that the jackets would take over the game and win going away. But then our defense started making big plays again. But I’ve thought all along that the 3-3-5 has got to be vulnerable to a power running attack and we’ll see more of them.

- DeVito throw an interceptions when trying to throw on the run he threw off his back foot instead of stepping into it, resulting in a badly underthrown ball. on another play he and Taj Harris, for the third time in three games, weren’t communicating and Taj broke off the route, watching a long pass sail far over his head. Tommy scrambled for what appeared to be a first down but stepped out in front of the downs marker rather than beyond it. He also threw a ball to Johnson that was thrown far outside. A more direct pass would have allowed Johnson to gain a first down but he had to run back towards the sideline to get it and came up short. It looked like Tommy was afraid of an interception as a d-back was closing on the play. He’s still got some work to do.

- We got big plays but showed a continuing inability to sustain drives. I’ll take big plays over drives but that’s being occasionally great, rather than consistently good. Let’s do both.

- I thought Markenzie Pierre was going to get his first TD but upon further review, his knee was down at the 2. They gave him the ball on fourth down and he got stuffed.

- Tech has got to be kicking itself. They rushed for 275 yards and out-gained us 453-357. They had 23 first downs to 14. And ran 84 plays to 65. But they turned the ball over 5 times were called for a ridiculous 15 penalties. They were for only 104 yards, which tells you that there were a lot of 5 yarders in there. Those are concentration penalties. If they’d played a clean game, they would have won, probably easily.

Great post and my point, that lets take this win and run bc sometimes the scoreboard doesn't tell the story going forward. We were outplayed. We are lucky GT is young and careless. We still can't put a drive together, but it was nice seeing some life.

Really good post, we were outplayed but the breaks fell our way, theirs a reason I'm not one of the were gonna win 6 games guys, yes the ACC isn't that difficult but that was a pretty sloppy win, in two years if we play like this against GT it'll look like the 2013 game, happy they won any win is always good and they did compete but a lot of the same mistakes looked to me like they were still their

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom