The Downside- Louisville | Syracusefan.com

The Downside- Louisville

SWC75

Bored Historian
- As impressive as that was, our offense was mediocre. We basically won the game with two spurts: 16-3 in the first half and 12-1 in the second. But when you play great defense for 40 minutes, all you need is one good spurt a half. But I’m still waiting to see this offense when all pistons are firing. You don’t want to be playing us when that happens.

- I had thought we could take advantage of Louisville’s problems handling defensive pressure and get a lot of steals and turnovers. We got 5 and 13, respectively. We can do better.

- This was a game where Marek could play center a lot. There will be games coming up where we will need Chukwu and Sidibe. Will they be up to the challenge? And will our offense function as well with Marek on the bench?

- I’m watching North Carolina against Duke. The Blue Devils will still technically be #1 on Saturday so we could still beat them twice as #1 in the same season. But I liked the fact that we had been the only team to beat them at home. That’s gone. UNC is very impressive. We don’t have anyone who could guard Luke Maye unless Chukwu has an exceptional game. And I love the way the pass the ball and run every chance they get. Great passing can beat a zone badly. Why can’t we play that way?

- Pitino wasn’t the coach anymore. I’d have loved to have beaten him by 20.

A UNC win at Cameron will not diminish our win. If they had lost to Stetson, (who they beat by 64) --that would be a problem.

*cough *Frank *cough

Yeah, this is really the only true downside of the game tonite.

Frank was on a milk carton. Again.

All the other ones listed. were mostly #FakeNews.

Oh, basketball is a game of runs?
(Cue Captain Obvious.)
And we had 2 good ones.
Key part was not letting Llvll answer w/ long runs of their own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom