The Downside- Monmouth | Syracusefan.com

The Downside- Monmouth

SWC75

Bored Historian
- The last thing we needed after that soccer game was a tense battle with 1-9 Monmouth but that’s what we got.

- Ah, the forwards. Chris Bell had another zero rebound game and played just 12 minutes. John Bol Ajak was scoreless in 15 minutes. He had 2 rebounds and 2 assists and a block but two turnovers. Justin Taylor, he of the 25 points against Bryant, only played 2 minutes. Quadir Copeland played three but neither of them scored.

- But our production wasn’t the problem. It was theirs. Giving up 40 points in a half and even 71 for the game to a 1-9 team isn’t something good defensive teams do and I had the illusion that were becoming one.

- Would we have beaten anyone else on the schedule tonight?

I see the frustrations with Bell, and it was reflected in his limited playing time. This will probably be a theme all year, give him early minutes and if he doesn't produce with either some scoring and defense, he'll be yanked and we'll see Plan B. JB is spreading minutes around at the forward positions which is not his style, but he doesn't have much choice. I just don't like the looks of press conferences when he is so negative.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom