The Downside - NC State | Syracusefan.com

The Downside - NC State

SWC75

Bored Historian
- When the Wolfpack took that 65-68 lead with 3:46 left, I thought “Here we go again!”. I thought it again when they got to within 73-72 with 1:35 yet. I thought it again when they were down by 3 with 24 seconds left and clanged a 3 pointer, blew a lay-up and then missed a half court shot at the buzzer. That’s a lot of “Here We Go Agains”. Hopefully, now that we’ve won, they will go away.

- Jesse Edwards has become one of the best centers in the country, perhaps the best in the conference. But he still needs to get stronger and his footwork and moves when guarded in the paint are a work in progress. The Florida State game was an 18p/12r game that could have been 25/15. This game was an 18/16 game that could have been 30/20. He’s very productive but could be better, which means he needs to get better. 5 for 13 isn’t good enough. He came to this game – and this body- late and really needs another year here.

- Benny Williams wasn’t bad: 2 points a rebound and a block in 3 minutes. He could still develop into a good player. Symir Torrance is a good player who was recruited over and was bad tonight, (0 for 2 with a turnover in four minutes. Justin Taylor could turn out to be better than Chris Bell. He had a missed three pointer and a steal in 6 minutes. The bench totaled 2 points. But we’ve reached the time of the year when they are all “must wins” and JB is going to go with the guys he trusts the most and that now Jesse, Maliq, Judah, Joe and maybe Chris. The window has closed for everyone else.

He came to this game – and this body- late and really needs another year here.

It's obvious. With a four star 2 coming in, and the rest of this crew, Jesse is the patwe need to be really good next year.

He came to this game – and this body- late and really needs another year here.

It's obvious. With a four star 2 coming in, and the rest of this crew, Jesse is the patwe need to be really good next year.
Moore is coming the following year, 2024-25 season. Hopefully we get Marcus Adams for next year though. And Judah again. But agreed we need Jesse to be good.

Justin Taylor could turn out to be better than Chris Bell. He had a missed three pointer and a steal in 6 minutes. The bench totaled 2 points. But we’ve reached the time of the year when they are all “must wins” and JB is going to go with the guys he trusts the most and that now Jesse, Maliq, Judah, Joe and maybe Chris. The window has closed for everyone else.
I just don't see where Taylor is starter quality next year if Joe doesn't return.

Not quick enough to play guard, doesn't play above the rim to play F and rebound and defend from that position. Inconsistent shot, good form but not enough makes. They need to portal a guard who can score and defend for next year.

Another downside. Attendance for a ranked opponent.

I just don't see where Taylor is starter quality next year if Joe doesn't return.

Not quick enough to play guard, doesn't play above the rim to play F and rebound and defend from that position. Inconsistent shot, good form but not enough makes. They need to portal a guard who can score and defend for next year.

Another downside. Attendance for a ranked opponent.
I haven't seen Taylor's quickness (or lack thereof) mentioned before, and I agree. I think he's slow for a 3. Gonna be worse at the 2.

I think he'd be a more reliable shooter, if given more consistent time on the court.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom