The excitment is building | Syracusefan.com

The excitment is building

SBU72

All Conference
Anybody else here getting really excited that we get to see our first look at this year's squad in only 1 week. There has been plenty of hype and predictions but now we get to see it for ourselves. Sure, it's only a "pre-season" game but still...

I’m hoping to see bigger crowds than normal for a few of our early games. Should be a fun year.

I’m hoping to see bigger crowds than normal for a few of our early games. Should be a fun year.
I am so excited that I am finally allowing myself to get excited! Every April, I dampen down my enthusiasm, because I don’t want the ensuing 6 months to go by quickly. I want to relish all the things I do between the end of one season and beginning of the next, because I am now at the age that every day is precious.

When Battle decided to come back I had to exercise tremendous self-restraint not to get too excited in the summer. Any monk would be proud of me.

I enjoy football and have season tickets but I don’t even allow myself to get basket ball excited until a couple weeks before the exhibition games. I am now in official BEADLE GET EXCITED mode.

It’s not just this seasons team, it’s the momentum of the program. It’s been building since Hop went to UW. JB has been reenergized which was apparent in how he handled a very young, very short roster last season. He had them playing their best ball to finish out and they are all back. If you follow recruiting the whole vibe has been different and the end of sanctions has alowed us to cast a wider net. JB is going to go out on his own terms which IMO will include at least 2 more FF.

It’s not just this seasons team, it’s the momentum of the program. It’s been building since Hop went to UW. JB has been reenergized which was apparent in how he handled a very young, very short roster last season. He had them playing their best ball to finish out and they are all back. If you follow recruiting the whole vibe has been different and the end of sanctions has alowed us to cast a wider net. JB is going to go out on his own terms which IMO will include at least 2 more FF.
Only two?

I am excited but a little bummed the Le Moyne game is on Halloween... I like to bring my kids to that one. Someday when they are older it will be a fun night though :)

I am excited but a little bummed the Le Moyne game is on Halloween... I like to bring my kids to that one. Someday when they are older it will be a fun night though :)

There's still such a thing as Halloween? We live in a neighborhood with lots of kids based on what I see every morning at the bus stop.

But we might have 10 kids show up on Halloween night (after we buy 5 lbs of candy, almost all of which will end up in the garbage)

I gather there's a very long list of parental fears that drive this from an aversion to sugar, poisoned candy and possible abduction.

There's still such a thing as Halloween? We live in a neighborhood with lots of kids based on what I see every morning at the bus stop.

But we might have 10 kids show up on Halloween night (after we buy 5 lbs of candy, almost all of which will end up in the garbage)

I gather there's a very long list of parental fears that drive this from an aversion to sugar, poisoned candy and possible abduction.

Well, yes. ;):)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom