The February swoon and dead legs... | Syracusefan.com

The February swoon and dead legs...

Cuse_1999

2nd String
I've always been a believer that these are kids and they don't get tired even if you only play 7 guys. JB has too. I'm rethinking that. We see a yearly February swoon. And in JB's time we have only made it past the sweet 16 six times in the tourney.

Perhaps there is a link between the February swoon, dead legs and lack of elite NCAAT success

The game is a very physical game today, it's not just cardio anymore.

Georgia Tech's players looked like they can play football like so many other teams out there.

And when you're ranked #1, everyone plays their top 7 against you to beat you while you play 7 every game to cling to it…

This team is exhausted. Physically, emotionally, mentally. Can still get it back with a Grant jam in the ACCT

These other teams play like they don't get tired in febuary all of them we play like we are falling apart. They play like they shoot better in febuary then jan dec, we play like we shoot worse. Its perplexing.

These other teams play like they don't get tired in febuary all of them we play like we are falling apart. They play like they shoot better in febuary then jan dec, we play like we shoot worse. Its perplexing.

It's not perplexing if you watch enough College Basketball. We play 6-7 and don't tolerate mistakes. Others play 7-9 and live with them.

It's a trade-off…we've witnessed over 900 wins, so that's cool. But on a micro level, it's not how to coach/manage a team. I think a lot of coaches would say that.

The game is a very physical game today, it's not just cardio anymore.

Georgia Tech's players looked like they can play football like so many other teams out there.

Ya they look like football players, and they stink.

We had four days off before the Uva game, and two days off before tonight, no excuse for what happened tonight.

I've always been a believer that these are kids and they don't get tired even if you only play 7 guys. JB has too. I'm rethinking that. We see a yearly February swoon. And in JB's time we have only made it past the sweet 16 six times in the tourney.

Perhaps there is a link between the February swoon, dead legs and lack of elite NCAAT success
Maybe they are tired but why can't they hit free throws? Have a walk through practice and shoot free throws. Heck, GT played Sunday and tonight and they should have been tired. I think the Orange have lost their confidence. They are looking for someone else to score rather than taking the ball to the basket. After a few misses no one wants to shoot.

Dead legs is just an excuse for playing poorly. If those guys are tired they should sub out. Otherwise they should nut up a bit.

Maybe they are tired but why can't they hit free throws? Have a walk through practice and shoot free throws. Heck, GT played Sunday and tonight and they should have been tired. I think the Orange have lost their confidence. They are looking for someone else to score rather than taking the ball to the basket. After a few misses no one wants to shoot.

Played on sunday night, and had to travel.

That's it right there.. Confidence.. We'll get it back soon I hope.. But on the year we've been shooting free throws very well. Tonight was the exception.

Yes I think JB wears his teams down by playing too short a bench and making his starters play too many minutes. But if you look at GT's previous 2 games they couldn't make a shot especially Golden. They absolutely stunk against Florida St Sunday night. Tonight they made everything. Murphy's law.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom