The Gronkowski Brothers | Syracusefan.com

The Gronkowski Brothers

swish7

All Conference
Watching an ESPN segment on Rob Gronkowski. He's from Amherst, NY and has that nasaly twang of a typical CNY dude. He and a brother went to Arizona. Another brother went to Maryland. Was the Cuse ever in the mix?

Yes. Rob's final three were Arizona, tOSU and SU.

Their father played at SU too
I've been told by a former teammate of his that a lot of guys from that era have nothing to do with the Syracuse football program. Something to do with Bill Hurley and that he has never been considered as an assistant coach. Now things might have changed in the last couple years but I am just curious if someone closer to the situation knew more. We've talked about the Gronkowski's before, and it's a shame that legacy players that close by chose to go elsewhere. If I'm not mistaken, their mom might have attended Cuse as well.

I've been told by a former teammate of his that a lot of guys from that era have nothing to do with the Syracuse football program. Something to do with Bill Hurley and that he has never been considered as an assistant coach. Now things might have changed in the last couple years but I am just curious if someone closer to the situation knew more. We've talked about the Gronkowski's before, and it's a shame that legacy players that close by chose to go elsewhere. If I'm not mistaken, their mom might have attended Cuse as well.
outside Monk and a few others, there has been no re-investment by players from 1975-1980 into the program.

I thought the final verdict was Rob loved us, Dad loved us, but we had bottomed out and it was just not a good move for them. Can't say I blame them.

In before someone starts posting pictures of hot UArizona chicks wearing cut up t-shirts.

He was ready to come to Cuse..and we fluttered..oh well.

If it's because of Hurley, then some folks have a long memory and alot of influence.

In before someone starts posting pictures of hot UArizona chicks wearing cut up t-shirts.

Can you truly blame him?

arizonafront2.jpg

outside Monk and a few others, there has been no re-investment by players from 1975-1980 into the program.

I have heard some of those players observe that Maloney was seen and treated as an outsider - that he was never given the credit he deserves for saving the program. And frankly it does seem that the University has pretty much dismissed the Maloney era.

Having said that, guys like Tim Ahern, Rich Rosen and Jim Jerome and others are very involved in the Program these days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom