The Hateful Eight | Syracusefan.com

The Hateful Eight

MiniCuse

All Conference
I went to a 70mm Roadshow presentation this morning. The film format was cool, the outdoor panoramic shots contrast well with the cramped and full interior shots. It's not a western. And it's not really a locked room mystery. It's a pretty well told tale of eight nasty, violent people who should never be forced to share a cabin together. It's a post-Django reckoning film. I'll give it three and a half out of four.

I went to a 70mm Roadshow presentation this morning. The film format was cool, the outdoor panoramic shots contrast well with the cramped and full interior shots. It's not a western. And it's not really a locked room mystery. It's a pretty well told tale of eight nasty, violent people who should never be forced to share a cabin together. It's a post-Django reckoning film. I'll give it three and a half out of four.
Good to know, can't wait. Got tickets for Thursday at a 70mm theater. I have a special interest since I stumbled upon the ranch it was filmed on, during a work trip to Telluride. Drove all over it and took pics. Nobody came out and said a thing, I was surprised. Thanks for the review.

Saw it last night, the 70mm roadshow version. I liked it, but it was a little long. He was right about wanting it to be an event like back in the day. It had an overture and a real 10 min intermission and it's definitely not a real western as MiniCuse said, just western like. Typical Tarantino flick, lots of gore and comedy at the same time. So when I got home, I got to thinking of my Tarantino rankings.
#1. Reservoir Dogs
Pulp Fiction
Jackie Brown
Django
Hateful Eight
Didn't like Kill Bill and never saw Death Proof or Inglorious Bastards

i liked inglorious way better than Django and pulp fiction but i am a WW2 movie guy. should probably watch Pulp again since I never got the reason it was so hyped the first time i watched years ago before it was really hyped. Django was ok just didnt seem like a real story just a bunch of sometimes well written lines strong into a movie.

have not heard good things from most who saw hateful eight early and never season Reservoir or jackie brown and have yet to make it thru a complete kill bill

Here's some of the pics that I took of the ranch it was filmed on. You just have to imagine 2' of snow in each of them.
upload_2016-1-1_13-57-38.png

upload_2016-1-1_13-56-9.png

Saw it last night, the 70mm roadshow version. I liked it, but it was a little long. He was right about wanting it to be an event like back in the day. It had an overture and a real 10 min intermission and it's definitely not a real western as MiniCuse said, just western like. Typical Tarantino flick, lots of gore and comedy at the same time. So when I got home, I got to thinking of my Tarantino rankings.
#1. Reservoir Dogs
Pulp Fiction
Jackie Brown
Django
Hateful Eight
Didn't like Kill Bill and never saw Death Proof or Inglorious Bastards

Cool pictures.

My QT movie rankings:
Pulp Fiction
Jackie Brown
The Hateful Eight
Kill Bill
Inglorious Bastards
Reservoir Dogs
Django Unchained
Death Proof

I often wonder how different Natural Born Killers might have been had Tarantino directed it.

I think Tony Scott did a good job with True Romance.

I often wonder how different Natural Born Killers might have been had Tarantino directed it.

I think Natural Born Killers would have been a very different film if QT directed. It would probably be a pretty good movie. But Oliver Stone's version would still be a better film. He made a crazy, fever-dream of a bloodbath movie that is massively entertaining. It's also a Jerry Springer/Nebraska romance in pyscho-TV land movie. I think Quentin would have handled that plot dynamic quite differently.

Inglorious basterds for the win, and for me it's not even close. Looking forward to Hateful 8 however.

Really liked True Romance specially the scene between Dennis Hopper and Christopher Walken which I thought was hilarious.

Of the Tarantino movies, I liked Jackie Brown and Inglorious Bastards. I liked Kill Bill One but hated Kill Bill Two. I liked the second movie on Death Proof specially when Kurt Russell gets his ass kicked at the end of the movie. Reservoir Dogs was ok, but I did not care for Django Unchained. Never seen Pulp Fiction.

victor said:
Really liked True Romance specially the scene between Dennis Hopper and Christopher Walken which I thought was hilarious.

Of the Tarantino movies, I liked Jackie Brown and Inglorious Bastards. I liked Kill Bill One but hated Kill Bill Two. I liked the second movie on Death Proof specially when Kurt Russell gets his ass kicked at the end of the movie. Reservoir Dogs was ok, but I did not care for Django Unchained. Never seen Pulp Fiction.

So youve seen every tarantino movie except pulp fiction???? How is that possible?

Dude - get yourself down to Blockbuster and rent Pulp Fiction. IMO, Tarantino doesn't get any better than that.

Dude - get yourself down to Blockbuster and rent Pulp Fiction. IMO, Tarantino doesn't get any better than that.
It's always being shown on TV. I just never got around to watching it. My son is always telling me to watch it. I've seen both Kill Bill one, Inglorious bastards, and thee second part of Death Proof multiple times. By the way I am a real old Dude LOL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom