Poll choice...

• Poll choice...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poll choice...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

EastCoast2

Board Mathematician
Was just thinking about how close DC has lived to SU. Wasn't more than a couple miles away until he moved to JD a few years back, correct? Even then it's what, 10 minute drive?

DeJuan Blair, if I remember correctly, lived literally down the street from Pitt, a couple hundred yards away.

Jared Sullinger is from Columbus, Ohio and obvioiusly stayed in town.

What other big name recruits/players grew up and played for their home town team?

Damon Bailey for Indiana
Marcus Liberty for Illinois
Kevin Love for UCLA

Where was Larry Bird from? How close was Indiana State to his hometown?

Where was Larry Bird from? How close was Indiana State to his hometown?

I think its like 75-80 miles away. He did commit to Indiana hoever.

Damon Bailey for Indiana
Marcus Liberty for Illinois
Kevin Love for UCLA

Kevin Love is from Oregon. I can't believe no one went with the obvious of Rautins and Triche????

Kevin Love is from Oregon. I can't believe no one went with the obvious of Rautins and Triche????
Referring to big time recruits... 4 and 5 star.. McD AA preferably

Yes you are right. My bad. I was trying to rattle them off from the top of my head and forgot he wasnt from Cali.

There are a crapload of Memphis kids who stayed home, here are some others I came up with...

CJ Leslie
Andre Drummond
Kentavious Caldwell
Tony Wroten
Rodney Hood
Dorian Finny Smith
Trey Zeigler
Ryan Kelly
Jordan Hulls
JayMichael Green
Derrick Favors
Demar Derozan
Jrue Holiday
Eric Gordon
Spencer Hawes

Oh and don't forget the big right hand of Yancy Gates! So in the end, there are a bunch, some good, some bad. I don't think there is anything that says getting the hometown kid makes a difference either way. I bet ticket sales go up though!

Danny Schayes
Earl Belcher to St Bona : /
Same time frame, Marty Headd though not actually a big recruit, a very servicable player none-the-less. After years of horrible FT shooting sinking our ship inevitably every year, Marty was like the first "lock" at the line we had in a while, if ever. The irony is he missed one of the most devastating one-and-ones contributing to the "Manley Field House is Officially Closed" game.

Adonal Foyle

Im glad you mentioned Adonal. Classy guy. I remember my brother mentioning playing in a pickup game against him. I wish SU had gotten him.

Len Bias...Marvin 'BadNews" Barnes.

Bill Russell.

Magic Johnson was born in Lansing.

Blake Griffin was born in Oklahoma City.

cali/oregon...west coast... what's the difference
But his his old man, the immortal Stan Love, was from Cali and his uncle is Mike Love, so you'd naturally assume that's where he was from.:)