The IGGY Committee for the 13th Annual IGGY AWARDS needs suggestions. | Syracusefan.com

The IGGY Committee for the 13th Annual IGGY AWARDS needs suggestions.

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Even though the season is in a state of flux, the IGGY Committee would like to shortly get the contest going. The IGGY Committee wants to make the rules once and not worry about Covid playing havoc with the season. So the IGGY Committee is still recommending highest ppg and rpg but instead of most 3's made for the season, the IGGY Committee is recommending most 3's made per game. And instead of conference and non conference record, going with winning percentage instead of # of games won just in case a game or two get cancelled.

So, the IGGY Committee is open for suggestions on the above and post season suggestions as well as any new category suggestions. Thank you in advance from the 13th Annual IGGY AWARD Committee.

If we want to go dark, there could be a prediction about how many total games are actually played.

Even though the season is in a state of flux, the IGGY Committee would like to shortly get the contest going. The IGGY Committee wants to make the rules once and not worry about Covid playing havoc with the season. So the IGGY Committee is still recommending highest ppg and rpg but instead of most 3's made for the season, the IGGY Committee is recommending most 3's made per game. And instead of conference and non conference record, going with winning percentage instead of # of games won just in case a game or two get cancelled.

So, the IGGY Committee is open for suggestions on the above and post season suggestions as well as any new category suggestions. Thank you in advance from the 13th Annual IGGY AWARD Committee.

I think winning percentage makes a lot of sense. I don't envy you trying to keep track of it either way this year, but that makes the most sense to me.

Dear Committee:

Recommend you publish the existing categories for completeness sake.

I like all of your ideas for COVID-driven changes for this season only.

I think it might be fun to guess how many games Syracuse actually plays.

Maybe how many games at the dome will fans are allowed at/what the total attendance will be for the season. That might be a tie-breaker type question.

My big question is will they dim the lights for player introductions for night games? I think so. Hope so. It would be nice to see something different on that front this year. With the new lighting system, it is definitely doable.

Dear Committee:

Recommend you publish the existing categories for completeness sake.

I like all of your ideas for COVID-driven changes for this season only.

I think it might be fun to guess how many games Syracuse actually plays.

Maybe how many games at the dome will fans are allowed at/what the total attendance will be for the season. That might be a tie-breaker type question.

My big question is will they dim the lights for player introductions for night games? I think so. Hope so. It would be nice to see something different on that front this year. With the new lighting system, it is definitely doable.
Thanks TC. Average attendance. We have done that before. This year could be real tricky. The only other category normally is minutes per game which will probably be one again. However the committee is having huge discussions regarding the post season (ACCT and NCAA). They have something up their sleeve that involves seeding but hard to ignore the ability to choose how far the team will advance. Also in discussion is a fun category called Buddy vs the field which some committee members are jonesing for.

How about minutes per game leader, given that usage is a favorite topic?

Will you commission Iggys with Asterisks to award to winners in case the season is substantially shortened?

For off the wall, 3rd highest points per game or third highest minutes per game

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom