The LEGEND of Garret Shrader begins | Syracusefan.com

The LEGEND of Garret Shrader begins

Tommy takes the sack there. Shrader had some STONES taking that hit unleashing that ball.

Not to kick the departed but Tommy would have been in Intensive Care after the sack as well.

When a guy is the size of Larry Czonka, he has the guts to stand in there and make the throw. Incredible game for the bearded man.

81FADEDD-DE86-472D-B3EA-7588CFF61BFD.jpeg

Been saying it from day one!

100%. And the beauty of it is he has two more years after this. Lot to like about how this is setting up…
Pumped for the rest of this season but also a full offseason of Shrades as the unquestioned QB1 developing chemistry with his WRs & hopefully attending passing camps/sessions with QB gurus. Clean up his mechanics & footwork a bit & we’re in business.

We would’ve been down by 2-3 TDs, and Tommy would’ve been dinking and dunking by that point. Shrader’s running just adds a different dimension to the team, and we wouldn’t move the ball or score points nearly as well without that.
So true. Btw, I’m typing this with my left hand because my right fingers are covered in Killabrew everything wing sauce.

Pumped for the rest of this season but also a full offseason of Shrades as the unquestioned QB1 developing chemistry with his WRs & hopefully attending passing camps/sessions with QB gurus. Clean up his mechanics & footwork a bit & we’re in business.
That the most tantalizing thing- we are ringing up 30+ a game on ACC peer schools and Shrader has lots of room to improve on fundamentals. Everything you can’t teach (pocket presence, his RPOs, not to mention being 6’4 230!) - he seems to already have.

Not saying he’s gonna win the Heisman (especially after Tucker does ;)) but wow does the floor look a LOT higher than before. As you said- even marginal improvements and we’re in business.

I love watching this dude play. Absolute baller. Just praying he stays in one piece! What was #57 doing just letting the guy go by him on the pass play to Alford?! Then he just stood there with no one to block!

Last edited:
I said ti in another thread. I was sooooo wrong. I rooted for Tommy DeVito but after watching Garrett Shrader for the past five weeks, it's obvious who the starting quarterback should be. The young man has that "it" factor and is exciting to watch. I can't wait for the BC game now. Go Orange!!!!!!

Nice! Crushed some wings there late at night, this past summer. Love their wings.
Ordering Killabrew wings to go with a Mangia Macrina’s wood oven pie with exotic toppings (buffalo milk cheese, etc.) from across the parking lot is a Mohawk Valley cheat code. You’ve even got Seneca Liquors right there to complete the trifecta oasis of gluttony.

Last edited:
I love watching this dude play. Absolutely baller. Just praying he stays in one piece! What was #57 doing just letting the guy go by him on the pass play to Alford?! Then he just stood there with no one to block!
Idk but I selfishly wouldn’t change a thing about that play. Standing in there to take the hit will pay such huge dividends in the locker room with leadership & team chemistry going forward. That & his block on the reverse play earn respect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom