The long term | Syracusefan.com

The long term

FloridaFan

2020 Cali Award Winner, Aka FloridaHam
I was watching Duke v ND and noticed Cutliffe has a .477 record over 13 years at duke. Curious I went further into his first five years. He went 21-40 in those 5 years

He went 4-8, 5-7, 3-9, 3-9 and 6-7. After that he went 10-4, 9-4, 8-5, 4-8, 7-6

I know I and many others have been upset with babers record but this is his first 4 years, 4-8, 4-8, 10-3, 5,7 and currently 0-1, he is on pace to do better then Cutliffe in his first 5 years and he has been there 13. We just need to be patient in the long run

Our fanbase has a good percentage who don’t have any problem complaining.
I mean it’s constant complaining.
We aren’t a football factory.
I get giving criticism it’s warranted but the idea Dino’s job should be on the line barring a 0-11 is just stupid.

We are finally getting recruiting wins we need.
People don’t get how hard it has been to get talent into Syracuse.

We don’t have a clown show as HC.
Dino’s performance deserves criticism but if people want change what the hell do they want?

Dino needs to get more QBs.

I was watching Duke v ND and noticed Cutliffe has a .477 record over 13 years at duke. Curious I went further into his first five years. He went 21-40 in those 5 years

I know I and many others have been upset with babers record but this is his first 4 years, 4-8, 4-8, 10-3, 5,7 and currently 0-1, he is on pace to do better then Cutliffe in his first 5 years and he has been there 13. We just need to be patient in the long run
Cutliffes team is more competitive today against a better team.

4-8 for Duke was an improvement. While at SU it was worse than the prior HC. If we are improving and recruiting decently, there is no reason for Dino’s seat to get warm. Today on O, it was a regression from last year’s mess. If the rest of this season and next season are like last year, then what? It is a theoretical as we can easily improve and have a decent season this year.

The level of just crazy, negative complaining borders insane on here to be honest. Some of you have not lost a beat since last year, it's a treat hearing your constant negativity. Some of you offer insightful comments and criticism, some of you though just bitch and bitch. My God don't you get tired of it?Turning around a program takes time and sometimes some luck. Problem is lots of you thought some corners have been turned and it's not even close to the case. It took coach Mac what? 6 or 7 years and it does not happen in a straight line. It is the first game of the season against number 18 in the country and our defense held them until they ran out of gas. We had a patchwork line, missed our top two rbs and trying to find a number 1 receiver cuz our last one went to the NFL.
Everyone is disappointed over the missed opportunities and I am sure that Dino and staff will be up late going over film. Let's just see how the season goes before we say its over after 1 game. Usually there is an uptick between game 1 and 2. Let's see. I will say it is way early to just write the season off. Who knows, maybe some personnel changes and play calls change and next week it's a different outcome. Can we at least let them play the season before screaming the sky is falling? I trust that the coaches are more frustrated than you are. Let's see how things go. Go Cuse!

When you have to compare yourself to the Duke fball program your automatically in big trouble.

Last edited:
The level of just crazy, negative complaining borders insane on here to be honest. Some of you have not lost a beat since last year, it's a treat hearing your constant negativity. Some of you offer insightful comments and criticism, some of you though just bitch and bitch. My God don't you get tired of it?Turning around a program takes time and sometimes some luck. Problem is lots of you thought some corners have been turned and it's not even close to the case. It took coach Mac what? 6 or 7 years and it does not happen in a straight line. It is the first game of the season against number 18 in the country and our defense held them until they ran out of gas. We had a patchwork line, missed our top two rbs and trying to find a number 1 receiver cuz our last one went to the NFL.
Everyone is disappointed over the missed opportunities and I am sure that Dino and staff will be up late going over film. Let's just see how the season goes before we say its over after 1 game. Usually there is an uptick between game 1 and 2. Let's see. I will say it is way early to just write the season off. Who knows, maybe some personnel changes and play calls change and next week it's a different outcome. Can we at least let them play the season before screaming the sky is falling? I trust that the coaches are more frustrated than you are. Let's see how things go. Go Cuse!

UNC has a very good O. Their D is mediocre. Last season in ACC play they were 8th in yards per play. Pitt last year was second. While one would expect going from game 1 to game 2 that the O would improve, can we really expect much given the fact we are playing a better defense next week? Getting 2.75 ypp is pretty putrid against the 85 Bears. But I guess there is only one way to go, up.

I think this is good perspective. Without looking it up, I believe Frank Beamer took a similar amount of time to get going.

I get giving criticism it’s warranted but the idea Dino’s job should be on the line barring a 0-11 is just stupid.

Dino’s performance deserves criticism but if people want change what the hell do they want?

Look...he’s overrated that’s all.

This isn’t horse shoes. We got our asses kicked. We couldn’t catch a pass. We threw away a special teams TD because of a stupid lack of discipline block. Also, we had a defensive player spear their QB in the head while the QB was SLIDING. Terrible display. Sure, the new scheme confused NC for 2.5 quarters. Then they ran at will. We aren’t good. Period.

One good recruit. Recruiting is nowhere near where it should be. UNC has a top 10 class for 2021. UNC lol.

One good recruit. Recruiting is nowhere near where it should be. UNC has a top 10 class for 2021. UNC lol.
We have quite a couple good recruits. And UNC will probably become the leader of the coastal for the near future

I disagree with the first quote and I will go as far as to say both of those quotes can't be true at the same time.

I agree with Alsacs this has been a nice recruiting year for SU

We have quite a couple good recruits. And UNC will probably become the leader of the coastal for the near future
They are a bball school. Why are they getting these recruits and we can't? The coastal stinks.

This class is deeper with solid guys than any in a while. And I believe that 2 or 3 were said to be the highest rated we've had in about 10 years.

Are you really gonna compare us to UNC that is in a state with way more talent and has a coach that has more 10 win seasons than our whole program's history and a NC?

Last edited:
I disagree with the first quote and I will go as far as to say both of those quotes can't be true at the same time.
Sure they can. You can improve recruiting at every other position and bring in 1 qb while still needing to improve on the rate at which you bring in qbs.

They are a bball school. Why are they getting these recruits and we can't? The coastal stinks.
We aren’t a powerhouse in football either. Let’s be real we are a baskervall and lacrosse school. The coastal is inherently easier to win at due to no clemson or FSU/Louisville so you have an easier path to bowl which leads to better recruits. Add in a BCS winning coach in a fertile recruiting region and it’s a recipe for success

This class is deeper with solid guys than any in a while. And I believe that 2 or 3 were said to be the highest rated we've had in about 10 years.

Are you really gonna compare us to UNC that is in a state with way more talent and has a coach that has more 10 win season than our whole program's history and a NC?
What has unc ever won In football?

Are you really gonna compare us to UNC that is in a state with way more talent and has a coach that has more 10 win season than our whole program's history and a NC?
Mac Brown is a good coach. He's at UNC not Texas. UNC has less history than we do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom