The love affair with Duce at safety | Syracusefan.com

The love affair with Duce at safety

FrancoPizza

2018 Iggy Leading Minutes Per Game Winner
might as well try to spark some focused problem solving here in light of all the doom and gloom…

Can someone smarter than me explain why they continue to play Duce at safety? Do we not have anyone else? Can we not shuffle some lineups? Move grant back to his natural position?

Are we dealing with New Jersey homerism? Educate a simpleton please. I’m just at a loss here.

I really miss guys like Cisco, Trill, garret and Darius. Shows how far the gap is.

Last edited:
might as well try to spark some focused problem solving here in light of all the doom and gloom…

Can someone smarter than me explain why they continue to play Duce at safety? Do we not have anyone else? Can we not shuffle some lineups? Move grant back to his natural position?

Are we dealing with New Jersey homerism? Educate a simpleton please. I’m just at a loss here.

I really miss guys like Cisco, Trill, garret and Darius. Shows how far the gap is.
Is he playing Right Tackle?

He’s fine.

Is he playing Right Tackle?

He’s fine.
Is he our biggest problem right now? No. But he is a major liability where we might have other options at his position.

Is he our biggest problem right now? No. But he is a major liability where we might have other options at his position.
What specifically makes him a liability?

How many times has SU been beaten over the top this year?

I seem to recall in the preseason that Fran said they are trying to utilize him at a position that might help him "get to the League."

Feel free to correct me if someone heard something else.

I seem to recall in the preseason that Fran said they are trying to utilize him at a position that might help him "get to the League."

Yeah that bothers me when it’s clear he doesn’t have a feel for the position.

Deuce had a bad game against Ohio. I think he has been fine the last two games. Defense wasn’t bad yesterday. Kyle basically gave Stanford 10 points. Last drive wasn’t great but Daniel’s made some nice throws. Stanford did a better job of getting their star receiver the ball than SU did.

I’m thought Duce was better but would still rather see him at corner.

Hopefully Clark isn’t too badly injured. His arm was hanging at the end when he took himself out.

Berry Buxton is by far the worst cb we have. He’s consistently getting burned, has terrible change of direction and his tackle angles are abysmal.

Duce hasn’t been the same since he left to LSU.

I was going to say the exact same thing. I'm sure the coachs know where he is best.
He was a big play corner, he'd make a nice play or get burnt.
As upperdeck said, he is too slow for corner.

He saved a TD and we’re bashing him?? Ok
On that particular play I think he took another bad angle but he did hustle to try and make up for it.

But we generally need more speed out there. Speed can hide a lot of warts.

Deuce had a bad game against Ohio. I think he has been fine the last two games. Defense wasn’t bad yesterday. Kyle basically gave Stanford 10 points. Last drive wasn’t great but Daniel’s made some nice throws. Stanford did a better job of getting their star receiver the ball than SU did.
Not for nothing but Kyle and the receivers were the ONLY reason we were even in the game.

Deuce was fine. The defense allowed only 6pts in the 2nd half (pick six). The offense being out of sync and not having Haynes and Nixon hurt a ton.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom