The Magnitude of This Game | Syracusefan.com

The Magnitude of This Game

Orangezoo

In the wind
Record Crowd, HOF coaches, future lottery picks, alumni from both teams in the stands or on the bench, the highest level of basketball you will see in a college game until April and the biggest part of all - the amount of class and respect shown by the players, coaches and fans I can ever remember. And this is from watching it on my TV and experiencing throwing friends facebook posts, tweets and texts.

This kind of game seals in the type of blue blood status we want to put in print as a program. Beating duke is just the result. Everything else is what makes it a real thing. Since the USA basketball forays and then the transfer of Mike G to now this game I have a newfound respect for coach k and the duke program. They are a class act and represent what is right with college hoops. I feel we are solidifying ourselves in that same space. Championships will come if we stay on this path. But whats bigger is what a game like this means for college basketball as a whole and for our program to be spotlighted to all the recruits and future recruits and their parents. It further solidifies a rock solid status of a team like Duke and keeps us on the elevator up.

Hats off the the duke program and looking forward for a fun, spirited rivalry going forward in the ACC. Thats the closest I can convey my thoughts too many drinks later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom