the man in the high castle | Syracusefan.com

the man in the high castle

Orangezoo

In the wind
Wife and I just started this series exclusive to amazon. Def an interpretation of the book but digging it so far. Really hits hard on the brutality of the nazi regime. 3 episodes in. I recommend to check it out for anyone who is a history buff.

I've heard solid things, but the one thing I keep reading is that the characterization is a little thin. Sound right, or is that unfair criticism?

I've heard solid things, but the one thing I keep reading is that the characterization is a little thin. Sound right, or is that unfair criticism?

3 episodes in I would totally agree. Not that there was a ton of clarity to work with in the book. Still it is hard to tell if it is an effort to reveal at a later moment to keep you in suspense or just as you termed it .. a lack of characterization.

I have finished the 1st season, really like it...Am still trying to figure out what the films mean and what the hell happened in the last scene of the 10th episode...didn't read the book, so I am clueless...

I have finished the 1st season, really like it...Am still trying to figure out what the films mean and what the hell happened in the last scene of the 10th episode...didn't read the book, so I am clueless...
I read the book--50+ years ago. Does the I Ching play a big role in the seriesl?

I read the book a few months ago and kind of hated it. I have heard good things about the series though.

I read the book about 20 years ago and found it disappointing - although I usually like Dick's books. Maybe I'll check this out, 'cause I'm not one of those people who obsess over the idea that a book and a film version must be alike.

I read the book--50+ years ago. Does the I Ching play a big role in the seriesl?

it plays a subtle one

I liked it better than Jessica Jones and am looking forward to S2

just got around to watching this.. enjoyed it. no idea what to expect and didnt read the book. i liked the interjection of music and tv into the life as though nothing changed by the way the war turned out.

I really enjoyed the series, thought it was interesting. Not sure what the films mean but I thought it was entertaining

I watched it a while back. I found some of the characters to be a little ridiculous as to how they acted. Well, actually all of them. And there was some very questionable stuff, like the Japanese "city hall" actually having a gas chamber in it made to look like a normal living room... but I was still interested and entertained.

As I understand it they are filming Season 2 now and it will probably start back up in the fall timeframe, although information has been tough to come by.

Trying hard to get into it but fall asleep each episode. Through 4 so far. Keep hoping the it picks up.

Trying hard to get into it but fall asleep each episode. Through 4 so far. Keep hoping the it picks up.
I'm on episode 4 of season 2, so far so good but I have no idea What is going on

Only into episode 1 of season 2...as far as I can gather, we may be talking about other dimensions, Earths, worlds, realities, something like that...kind of like The Flash (CW) and the multiples Earths...

Just finished episode 2 of season 2. I have no idea what the hell is going on but it's interesting.

Finished season 2 a couple days ago. I like the show. Season2 definitely kicks it up a few levels as far as scope. Gonna have to wait another year for episodes!

I just finished season 2. I LOVE that it kind of dares you to like/root for certain people that makes you really uncomfortable when you catch yourself doing it. I found it to be ridiculously suspenseful. Without the film stuff it would have been a solid spy thriller type show set in an alternate history. The sci-fi angle of the films makes it really unique. Really good stuff.

So is there a possibility for a season 3? What happened to Joe...and Obersturmbannfuhrer Smith... and his son...etc, etc...

I actually like how they expounded from the original book into season 2. Well acted and the scenes appear so authentic.

So is there a possibility for a season 3? What happened to Joe...and Obersturmbannfuhrer Smith... and his son...etc, etc...

I actually like how they expounded from the original book into season 2. Well acted and the scenes appear so authentic.

It's Obergruppenfuhrer! Get it right!!

I can't tell if you are serious with your question. First off; I think you can bet on a Season 3. Secondly, did you watch Season 2? What happened to Smith's son? Do you really not know?

Reactions: FAL
It's Obergruppenfuhrer! Get it right!!

I can't tell if you are serious with your question. First off; I think you can bet on a Season 3. Secondly, did you watch Season 2? What happened to Smith's son? Do you really not know?

Sorry--the Trump transition team is making me mix up the SS hierarchy.;)

Seriously--regarding Smith's son: yeah, He was lead off to supposedly be euthanized, but will it really happen, given Smith's raised status at the finale? Hmmm...

Sorry--the Trump transition team is making me mix up the SS hierarchy.;)

Seriously--regarding Smith's son: yeah, He was lead off to supposedly be euthanized, but will it really happen, given Smith's raised status at the finale? Hmmm...

I guess I thought it would be over and done with before he got back from Berlin, but you make a good point: they don't always play fair like that with the plot!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom