The MCW Effect | Syracusefan.com

The MCW Effect

Is Syracuse headed in the right direction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Van111

Starter
It is beyound me why MCW wasn't played a second in the tournament. He played every bit as well as Jardine all season, and his length was surely missed. For the most part, SU did not use their depth and played 7 deep for the tourney. Trish really lost his touch from outside and KJ was awful for being such a highly touted Senior. I will say Jardine played well, but why did JB not play MCW at all? In the OSU game, we were in total foul trouble, where was MCW? In addition, this could not bode well in the NN race.

Is it time for a change? Is National Titles and runs for them important to most of us? Why only two recruits this year? I have to say we are lucky to be in the NN race, but the cards once again seem stacked against us. I love JB and all he has accomplished, but another part of me wants SU to evolve. I don't see it be much different this year. I don't see us matching what we did last year, if we did, boy that would be great, but as I see it, we only have 9 scholarship players for next year. Does SU know that something is coming as far as loss of scolarships, or potential violations?

I am going to say it, but this program needs a change. I can't say for sure that it is getting out of the Big East, or maybe JB retireing soon, but we always seem to get bad breaks of late. We need a new offense, a change up of the 2-3 added to the game, and we need to look at our programs policies and either enforce them or get rid of them.

Heck, I think for the most part the press has used SU as the poster child of the bad kid on the block, even more so than PSU has had to face, and that simply doesn't make sense to me.

These are the type of posts we are going to see next week if we don't get NN. Buckle up!

I mean come on, 2 of the past 3 years we have been #1 seeds in the tournament. We are recruiting at the highest clip we've ever been on right now. You're right. We need a change. Get rid of Jimmy, that's the answer!

Van111, get a rip dude, seriously, glad u r not my leader or coach, holy negative

I mean come on, 2 of the past 3 years we have been #1 seeds in the tournament. We are recruiting at the highest clip we've ever been on right now. You're right. We need a change. Get rid of Jimmy, that's the answer!
Having the #1 seed ultimately means very little. We cut down the nets as a #3 seed. All the matters is performance in the NCAAs. This year, considering we did not have Fab, we played to our seed pretty much.

It is beyound me why MCW wasn't played a second in the tournament. He played every bit as well as Jardine all season

Scoop's +/- 7.2 MCW's 5.8
Scoop's Roland Avg 0 MCW's -7 (+/- on court minus +/- off court)

I am not saying that is the answer...but the game has changed over the last 30 years. The 2-3 is a great defense, but how we won all those games this year is beyound me. And again, the focal point was why did JB bench MCW. He played alot of minutes all season...just a point here. Its not like we have had a ton of success in the tournament, regular season, yes, non-conf games, yes. I do like the more agressive scheduling in the early season. I also admit, I am being particulary hard on the BB program, but a little change would be so bad? How about a little 1-3-1, occasional man to man. Anything wrong with wanting to be the best team out there. Do we all dare not say anything? What is wrong with some critique, or is JB above all that?

Scoop's +/- 7.2 MCW's 5.8
Scoop's Roland Avg 0 MCW's -7 (+/- on court minus +/- off court)
And Scoops shooting %, TO rate, RBounding justify not playing MCW at all?

I am not saying that is the answer...but the game has changed over the last 30 years. The 2-3 is a great defense, but how we won all those games this year is beyound me. And again, the focal point was why did JB bench MCW. He played alot of minutes all season...just a point here. Its not like we have had a ton of success in the tournament, regular season, yes, non-conf games, yes. I do like the more agressive scheduling in the early season. I also admit, I am being particulary hard on the BB program, but a little change would be so bad? How about a little 1-3-1, occasional man to man. Anything wrong with wanting to be the best team out there. Do we all dare not say anything? What is wrong with some critique, or is JB above all that?
We have been top 4 two of the last 3 years.

Dude we were 31-1 and ranked #2 in the country a month ago.
And your point? So what? Marquee programs aren't satisfied with good regular season. Granted, that last game was horribly officiated, but we had plenty of chances to win this one without their help. Missed wide open layups, missed FTs by one of our best shooters at crucial times, not even trying a 3 pointer down the stretch when trailing with less that 18 seconds left? You guys want to be satisfied, so be it, that doesn't mean all of us have to be satisfied. This team should have won it all in my opinion, guess we'll never know now will we, Just like the 08 team. Maybe getting #1 seeds is all it is about I guess. Oh, thats right, we were a number 3 when we did win it all, must have been a bad year.

So, that said, I feel comfortable critizing this team in the name of wanting to be better, as a team, as a leader, and as a MARQUEE PROGRAM that evreybody else HATES!

Are you for real? Like, do you actually believe what you just typed? We have been a 1 seed 2 of the last 3 seasons and you think we need to make changes? I'm sure its going to be very painful for you next year to root for a team thats ONLY going to be top 10-12 in the country. Poor us. You are spoiled beyond belief.

And Scoops shooting %, TO rate, RBounding justify not playing MCW at all?

The point is the team scored more points when Scoop was on the floor and scored less points when Scoop was on the bench than the same for MCW.

MCW's FT% was 56.5% and Scoops was 55.1% but a major difference, Scoop had an eFG% of 54.7% while taking 20% of the shots while on the floor, MCW had an eFG% of 49.1% while taking 15% of the shots.

We have a new entry in the race for worst poster - keep going van and you may bring home the prize.

It is beyound me why MCW wasn't played a second in the tournament. He played every bit as well as Jardine all season, and his length was surely missed. For the most part, SU did not use their depth and played 7 deep for the tourney. Trish really lost his touch from outside and KJ was awful for being such a highly touted Senior. I will say Jardine played well, but why did JB not play MCW at all? In the OSU game, we were in total foul trouble, where was MCW? In addition, this could not bode well in the NN race.

Is it time for a change? Is National Titles and runs for them important to most of us? Why only two recruits this year? I have to say we are lucky to be in the NN race, but the cards once again seem stacked against us. I love JB and all he has accomplished, but another part of me wants SU to evolve. I don't see it be much different this year. I don't see us matching what we did last year, if we did, boy that would be great, but as I see it, we only have 9 scholarship players for next year. Does SU know that something is coming as far as loss of scolarships, or potential violations?

I am going to say it, but this program needs a change. I can't say for sure that it is getting out of the Big East, or maybe JB retireing soon, but we always seem to get bad breaks of late. We need a new offense, a change up of the 2-3 added to the game, and we need to look at our programs policies and either enforce them or get rid of them.

Heck, I think for the most part the press has used SU as the poster child of the bad kid on the block, even more so than PSU has had to face, and that simply doesn't make sense to me.
Do you really think that your post will enhance the chances of getting Noel to opt for your beloved Hoyas?

We are in the middle of one of the best stretches in SU basketball history, even though I don't know how. Since I am an expert, as evidenced by my posting on message boards rather than getting into the Hall of Fame, and I am baffled, I assume something must be troubling. Rabble rabble rabble!

ccccre.png

And your point? So what? Marquee programs aren't satisfied with good regular season. Granted, that last game was horribly officiated, but we had plenty of chances to win this one without their help. Missed wide open layups, missed FTs by one of our best shooters at crucial times, not even trying a 3 pointer down the stretch when trailing with less that 18 seconds left? You guys want to be satisfied, so be it, that doesn't mean all of us have to be satisfied. This team should have won it all in my opinion, guess we'll never know now will we, Just like the 08 team.

The only questions about the 08 team were whether or not we were could have won the NIT(we didn't by the way). You're a couple years off.

"He played every bit as well as Jardine all season."

No. He did not.

MCW was not going to be second in the BE in assists like Scoop was last season. And MCW could not come close to being the off court leader that Scoop was.

Has everyone forgotten that this was one of the most tumultuous seasons in college basketball history? Think beyond the court. Scoop was so freaking valuable this season in so many ways.

I think MCW is going to be great. That kid gets off the bench and cheers for his teammates like no one I can remember in SU history. That will also be invaluable. But this was Scoops team and it needed to be.

44cuse

We are going to be contenders for the next 5 years at least, given the recent success in-game and recruiting.

Any chance you had of making sense was ruined when you said the 08 team should have won the Title.

You made a post against popular opinion. You're already being flamed, and will continue to be. You must be happy-go-lucky about everything involving Syracuse here. Now then, all your points are valid except for your recruiting comments. Most teams only bring in a few recruits a season. The only problem I have with recruiting this season is having no guards. We're in on Ennis for next season, though.

And your point? So what? Marquee programs aren't satisfied with good regular season. Granted, that last game was horribly officiated, but we had plenty of chances to win this one without their help. Missed wide open layups, missed FTs by one of our best shooters at crucial times, not even trying a 3 pointer down the stretch when trailing with less that 18 seconds left? You guys want to be satisfied, so be it, that doesn't mean all of us have to be satisfied. This team should have won it all in my opinion, guess we'll never know now will we, Just like the 08 team. Maybe getting #1 seeds is all it is about I guess. Oh, thats right, we were a number 3 when we did win it all, must have been a bad year.

So, that said, I feel comfortable critizing this team in the name of wanting to be better, as a team, as a leader, and as a MARQUEE PROGRAM that evreybody else HATES!

Who says anyone is satisfied? 2010 was one stroke of bad luck away from a solid run at a NC. 2012 was a phenomenal year that got sidetracked by Fab down the stretch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom