The Mighty Fall of #94 | Syracusefan.com

The Mighty Fall of #94

corpjet

Board Prophet
Use whatever excuse you want but A Robinson has had a season to forget. Don’t know what happened last year starting with the Bowl game or lack there of for him but he hasn’t been the same since.

He started off the season as a “projected” 1st Rd pick. Now as seen on Kipers Big Board he’s not even listed as a Top 10 Defensive End.

Hate it for him but don’t know what the heck happened in the last 12 months?

Attachments

• 42CC8A8D-9D28-4773-9D6F-AAA63ED4C7ED.png
    42CC8A8D-9D28-4773-9D6F-AAA63ED4C7ED.png
    652.6 KB · Views: 33
I can’t confirm this in any way and I am speculating... but I feel like it’s a huge Leadership problem. Guys like him were counted on to bring it for four quarters and he like others haven’t done that. When your leaders don’t show enough effort it hurts.

I think it's a combination of things. The team being behind thus the opponent is running more often or using play action stops the pin the ears back mentality along with the lack of 3 and longs. Losing games and Slayton along with Bear being out for the year are reasons as well.

The DL as a group needed to step up and help the undersized inexperienced LB's and didn't do so.

If you go back and re- watch the games, what is really alarming regarding Robinson is the amount of missed tackles that he has. His numbers would be pretty close to his ten sack total of 2018 but he has whiffed bad numerous times in a lot of games in 2019. Very Puzzling to say the least.

A major factor behind this regression is focus and I am certain that AR and others on defense did lose focus under DC Ward. Hoping this changes for there is a slight chance that the CUSE can win out and go to a bowl game.

He’s probably the most talented player on the team, a player who should consistently dominate games and terrify opposing offenses. For whatever reason, he simply has not done that. As with any star player, the better he plays, the better everyone else performs because of the focus he commands. If he can match Kendall Coleman’s heart and determination the last three games, I like our chances of being at least respectable. Really hoping the coaches can locate the key to get #94 to finish strong.

Misses Slayton

He much like TD thrived not being the center of focus. As soon as they stepped into the spotlight of coordinator focus they withered under the heat.

I think as I watch him he is getting frustrated with all the double teams. He can generally beat anyone one on one but when u chip him with another guys it frustrates him so much. He isn’t a die fighting type of guy. He is so talented. Now Coleman isn’t as talented but doesn’t give up at all on any play wether he was doubled or not. Kid has a motor along with Jonathon. They play very similar. Here’s to hoping 94 realizes to not stop fighting and that the challenge is to beat 2 guys and still win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom