The movie "Get Out" -- for people who have watched it | Syracusefan.com

The movie "Get Out" -- for people who have watched it

Eric15

Living Legend
OK, someone needs to explain to me how this movie received a 99% positive rating on Rotten Tomatoes, and has gotten all sorts of Golden Globe and Oscar consideration.

The first half of the movie definitely gets your attention, and the main actor in it Daniel Kaluuyua is a star-in-the-making, but the second half of the movie is just the stupidest, cheesiest, D-movie nonsense I've ever seen.

What do others think?

I liked it but I agree with you. It seems like after the big reveal it became a generic survival movie.

Spoke to today’s social climate. Not to say i disagree with your views.

Completely overrated. Thought it was boring.

It really was a move that i kept waiting for the Hook to come and it never really came.. Its a B movie, some entertaining moments, lots of moments that dragged on. Most of it seemed like an SNL skit

I watched it about a week ago and pretty much agree with everyone here. It's not bad, it's just underwhelming/overhyped. I guess I was expecting a hilarious movie full of shocking stereotypes. There are some ha ha moments, but nothing sidesplitting. I'm beyond amazed that it's up for best picture at the Oscars

I think it would've been more powerful, for better or worse, if the white cop had killed the main character at the end. I enjoyed the film but I agree with your sentiments. I don't think it deserves Best Picture at all.