The NBA needs ten more teams | Syracusefan.com

The NBA needs ten more teams

stuckinbig11

All American
to accommodate all the early entries. How many of them will not even make it in the second round?

to accommodate all the early entries. How many of them will not even make it in the second round?
That's why it is dumb to stay. Don't go in as an old man.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Exactly. Contract the league and you start solving the 1 and done problem.

44cuse
Agreed. The expansion of Miami, Orlando, Min, Charlotte, Toronto, Vancouver between 88-94 is what started this whole thing to accelerate in the first place. This added 6 1st round picks (before the rookie cap), and 90 roster spots. They had to get the players from somewhere. By the late 90's, talent was cleared out in a major way. After that, by default the best freshman were part of the best draftable players.

Short of contraction by the NBA (doubtful) or a new rule from Stern, I don't think anything can change it.

To the point of the original post, it is also beyond me how 40 or so will leave early, with many of them ending up on the fringe with no guarantees. Last year 42 stayed in the draft with 18 going in the 1st round...it would be interesting to see where the rest ended up. Certainly a few would have benefited by another year in college.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom