The no overturn | Syracusefan.com

The no overturn

if they are going to make a review at least be honest about the reason behind sticking with the call.. I still wonder if these guys are even looking at the same angles we see..

And they screwed up on the too many players on the field review. The guy was still on the field and the snap was in the air. Why use video replay when these calls are still wrong?
That call wasn’t wrong. If you are outside of the numbers, you are considered off the field of play.

Yep. The chalk was removed where his heal hit. I don’t know how that could have been missed.
Soo obvious. Yet, the coaching staff didn’t seem argue it much.

Let me see it

Actually the more I look at it, while his foot is not on the line, it still may have come down on the line in the next frame, which I do not have.

096C0A81-1C06-4F01-8CEA-C713FB8C117E.jpeg

so how can you tell the bottom of his black cleats arent touching the line from that photo?

the read low view showed the turf moving i thought in the one fast look we got.

My son just showed me a still photo and his heel never came down on the chalk.

The way I saw it - his heel came down and somewhat slid to the side - causing that “gap” in the white sideline chalk.
(That Herbie & Sean commented about)

It basically pushed the chalk away, clearing the green underneath.

Which is why it shouldn’t have been so surprising that it just happened to be the exact shape of the outline of the heel of his shoe afterwards.

To my mind, his shoe pushing the chalk aside would have been sufficient ‘proof’ that his foot was down out of bounds, and the play called dead at that spot.

But it probably would have just delayed the inevitable, so does it even really matter?

That’s not true. Your thinking of the substitution rule.
More importantly, DeVito will learn to recognize when a player from the opposing defense is slow to get off the field, and call for the snap. It happened twice last night in crucial situations when we could have really used the illegal subsitution penalty.

Not enough to overturn.

If the ref called that he was OB originally, he would have stayed OB.

It happened right in front of our bench and I was surprised we didn’t complain at all when the call stood.

so how can you tell the bottom of his black cleats arent touching the line from that photo?

the read low view showed the turf moving i thought in the one fast look we got.
Unfortunately the burden of proof is the other way around given the initial ruling.

The way I saw it - his heel came down and somewhat slid to the side - causing that “gap” in the white sideline chalk.
(That Herbie & Sean commented about)

It basically pushed the chalk away, clearing the green underneath.

Which is why it shouldn’t have been so surprising that it just happened to be the exact shape of the outline of the heel of his shoe afterwards.

To my mind, his shoe pushing the chalk aside would have been sufficient ‘proof’ that his foot was down out of bounds, and the play called dead at that spot.

But it probably would have just delayed the inevitable, so does it even really matter?
The line wasn't straight before his foot came down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom