The Official Florida State Game Thread | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

The Official Florida State Game Thread

Very hopeful now the rest of the season after seeing this. Long is a very exciting player to watch.
Long-Ishmael-Phillips-Gulley-AAM, if we ever get Broyld and Estime back we may have a dynamic offense, especially with 4 winnable games to end the season and make a run at a bowl.

PhatOrange said:
Yeah but we're running the same plays, nothing's changed.

We are running the same plays. This isn't sandlot. Hunts missed that pass all year.

The way Ishmael looks, I'm stumped why he doesn't start and play most of the snaps?

He's got size, decent speed, good hands, can get open...what's the story? I don't get it, am I missing something?

The way Ishmael looks, I'm stumped why he doesn't start and play most of the snaps?

He's got size, decent speed, good hands, can get open...what's the story? I don't get it, am I missing something?
He is a starter on the 2-deep. Just hasn't gotten it thrown his way much.

Flemming was covered there. That was going to have to be a perfect pass.

Missed PI there then just plain bad luck in the INT. Encouraged by today. Not even going to rag the defense. FSU has some great offensive players and a stud OL.

Wasn't that Ron Thompson doing the backflips?

Maybe Thompson can. I'd actually believe that. Williams talked all this junk, and in reality he runs like the fat kid with athsma from "Little Giants"...

"I'm a three-technique. If you get me a one-on-one every play, I guarantee I'm gonna win," Wayne Williams said in a telephone interview Monday afternoon. "And if you stuff me in the nose (tackle), I guarantee there's gonna be no penetration. So the O-line is really screwed because they're gonna be stopped at the line."
Anselmo followed Williams closely throughout his time at ASA College in Brooklyn, where he enrolled following high school to improve his grades. As more schools started showing interest in Williams, Anselmo reminded him which school first showed interest, back when he was only a sophomore. That loyalty was enough to keep Williams on board through a coaching change that saw former coach Doug Marrone and seven of his assistants, including Anselmo, head to Buffalo last January.
There is a need for Williams this year on a defensive line that can always use more depth, and the staff's general recruiting philosophy with junior college players is that there's an expectation for them to immediately contribute.
"We gotta get him to do things the way I want them," defensive line coach Tim Daoust said in a recent interview in his office. "That'll be our battle."
Williams is very confident in his abilities and has a checklist of goals for both himself and the team to accomplish this season.
1. Solidify a starting spot on the defensive line.
2. Defeat Penn State in the Aug. 31 season opener at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey.
3. Become a first-team All-ACC selection and first-team All-America choice.
Williams' high school coach at Lincoln, Shawn O'Connor, told him to always set goals he can realistically accomplish and ones that will challenge him to work.
"Coach O'Connor, from the first day I picked up the sport, he told me you just don't wanna play this sport, you wanna dominate this sport and you wanna be known in this sport," Williams said.
Williams said his skillset on the basketball court has translated well onto the football field. Despite his size, Williams said he could play on the perimeter and take defenders off the dribble.
"He does a back flip and a one-handed cartwheel," O'Connor said. "So I've seen him do that, and then I knew we had something special athletically at that size."
Said Williams: "I'm a different type of beast. When you look at me, you probably think I'm just a big guy who can stop the run. I love sacks. That's what I get. When you double team, I still break through your double team with the power. I'm a gameplan changer because you have to change the gameplan with me on the field. You have to."

Kirkland gave up on that play. Our backup LBs are just not good. I think the incoming frosh lbs and the redshirt and sophomore lbs are going to take some lumps next season but I think the ceiling will be much higher.

Kirkland gave up on that play. Our backup LBs are just not good. I think the incoming frosh lbs and the redshirt and sophomore lbs are going to take some lumps next season but I think the ceiling will be much higher.

Have Thomas or Moskol been playing much this year?

We are running the same plays. This isn't sandlot. Hunts missed that pass all year.

Of course we are but they're run differently and with different personnel. Gulley for example has caught 7 passes. If the new OC is using the same plays with different personnel then he's changed things. And it's not because Broyld and estime is out.

One thing is for certain, our screen plays work because our former backup quarterbacks can throw accurately to the sidelines. I don't recall a screen olay getting blow up on us today.

One thing is for certain, our screen plays work because our former backup quarterbacks can throw accurately to the sidelines. I don't recall a screen olay getting blow up on us today.

No and neither did the bubbles. The couple we ran worked because of when they were used - after being successful inside etc. play calling.

longislandcuse said:
Long-Ishmael-Phillips-Gulley-AAM, if we ever get Broyld and Estime back we may have a dynamic offense, especially with 4 winnable games to end the season and make a run at a bowl.

Don't forget Lewis. He's had a very good year, dropped TD and all. Got hurt today first half. Allowed others to get more snaps, but he's a good one.

PhatOrange said:
Of course we are but they're run differently and with different personnel. Gulley for example has caught 7 passes. If the new OC is using the same plays with different personnel then he's changed things. And it's not because Broyld and estime is out.

Hunt is also out. For good or bad. I'm sure a lot of the plays they run for Hunt were nixed. Have to run something, so it was different. I'm convinced mist of any differences you say today, was new QB's. And again, I was commenting on the TD pass to Ish. It's been run all year, different QB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom