The one real head scratching play of the night... | Syracusefan.com

The one real head scratching play of the night...

Jake

Mod
How did Kadary not see Griffin on the break for an easy dunk? It almost looked intentional.

That play and Girard not rotating the ball to Buddy and taking that second consecutive 3 were critical plays that we made the first two games that were not made last night.

How did Kadary not see Griffin on the break for an easy dunk? It almost looked intentional.

That play and Girard not rotating the ball to Buddy and taking that second consecutive 3 were critical plays that we made the first two games that were not made last night.
I don’t even know what play you are referring to with Kadary.

add in Q falling down and stumbling which would have been an easy layup that would have brought us within 6

I think I screamed at my TV on the Kadary one. I did such a good job keeping my cool with the in-laws beyond that play lol

I saw that too.
Alan was sooo open under the side of the basket he was lonely.

For a dude w Kadary’s vision and passing, I was shocked he missed that.

And yeah, Joe’s hero ball 3’s there - the 2nd in particular - killed us.

Oh, and Marek’s missed layup where he then fell down all on his own afterwards.
nope. no foul there.
dudes fall down on open layups all the time.

I don’t even know what play you are referring to with Kadary.
Oh then you missed it. It was Richmond and one defender at FT line. Everybody else past the 3 point line. And grif was running corner to corner and Richmond turned his back to him.

Was Buddy on the floor at that time? The whole team loves to find him for a 3 on the break (for good reason) so maybe he was trying to find Buddy. That's my only thought.

There were many missed opportunities. Missed looks, missed shots, etc. we didn’t get as pummeled on the glass as I thought we would (40-31), but Their D made the Orange uncomfortable and we could never establish a rhythm. Was frustrating to watch.

It's actually not the first time. It's happened with other players on the break with Griff running out too.

Agree on the girard shot instead of pass to buddy. The Richmond miss pass I’m not remembering. But I would add 2 other key plays.

1- Guerrier on the fast break where he didn’t protect the ball and the defender picked his pocket on what should have been an easy 2.

2- The Edwards play after he knocked down 2 free throws. Next trip down the floor we got a stop and it was a fast paced possession and Edwards caught the ball running from the other end of the floor and jacked up a free throw jumper totally out of rhythm. I think he jacked that up because he just hit 2 free throws but that was a terrible decision.

Agree on the girard shot instead of pass to buddy. The Richmond miss pass I’m not remembering. But I would add 2 other key plays.

1- Guerrier on the fast break where he didn’t protect the ball and the defender picked his pocket on what should have been an easy 2.

2- The Edwards play after he knocked down 2 free throws. Next trip down the floor we got a stop and it was a fast paced possession and Edwards caught the ball running from the other end of the floor and jacked up a free throw jumper totally out of rhythm. I think he jacked that up because he just hit 2 free throws but that was a terrible decision.
all of these are spot on. the Joe shot instead of the open pass to Buddy was so Joe.

Especially since Buddy or JG was wide open just off to his right for a 3.

all of these are spot on. the Joe shot instead of the open pass to Buddy was so Joe.
I can't really fault Joe for that sequence, other than him not making the shot. He had hit a couple of shots and he was open. How many times do you see a guy come right back after a missed 3 and drill the second chance from the same spot? Buddy wasn't exactly knocking down his 3s either.

I can't really fault Joe for that sequence, other than him not making the shot. He had hit a couple of shots and he was open. How many times do you see a guy come right back after a missed 3 and drill the second chance from the same spot? Buddy wasn't exactly knocking down his 3s either.

a point guard would get the ball to the teams #1 shooter when he’s open.

unless the pg isn’t a pg and thinks he’s the teams #1 shooter

In glad I’m not the only one who fell off the couch.Wife left the room after that outburst.

I believe on Marek's 1st foul early in game he was pushed by a Houston player into the Houston ball handler. The foul was called on Marek instead of on the Houston player who pushed Marek. That call set the tone for Houston knocking down our guys all night.

Number 2 was a bad pass from Richmond. I call that setting your guy up for failure. He was either going to miss the shot or get a charge.

I believe on Marek's 1st foul early in game he was pushed by a Houston player into the Houston ball handler. The foul was called on Marek instead of on the Houston player who pushed Marek. That call set the tone for Houston knocking down our guys all night.
I’m not going to go down the ref route on this game. Houston played great aggressive defense and completely stymied the Orange.
I guess there could of been a few missed calls, but I think the West Virginia game was a lot worse as refs not calling fouls.

I saw both of those too and couldn’t believe it. The team was set back on their heels early on by the stout Houston D and never really recovered mentally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom