The one real head scratching play of the night... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The one real head scratching play of the night...

How did Kadary not see Griffin on the break for an easy dunk? It almost looked intentional.

That play and Girard not rotating the ball to Buddy and taking that second consecutive 3 were critical plays that we made the first two games that were not made last night.
Yeah, terrible shot selection by JG! When I re-watched the play, I think the old looking guy would have picked off an immediate pass to Buddy as he was trailing the play. However, if JG would have hesitated for one half sec, he would have passed through and Buddy would still have a great shot.

Gotta look for the Kadary break though..

Are you sure it wasn’t during the “soft open” (first 4:00) of the 2nd half?
Nope I’m almost positive it was when it was 20-20... but I had a few bud lights lol

Joe’s second three off the second chance rebound and Jesse’s foul line pull up

Yuck..

Agree on the girard shot instead of pass to buddy. The Richmond miss pass I’m not remembering. But I would add 2 other key plays.

1- Guerrier on the fast break where he didn’t protect the ball and the defender picked his pocket on what should have been an easy 2.

2- The Edwards play after he knocked down 2 free throws. Next trip down the floor we got a stop and it was a fast paced possession and Edwards caught the ball running from the other end of the floor and jacked up a free throw jumper totally out of rhythm. I think he jacked that up because he just hit 2 free throws but that was a terrible decision.
1. Joe was just as likely to make yesterday as Buddy, but Buddy might have had a better shot, by a little.
2.That was a tough 2 points to lose.
3. Should not have passed to Jesse there, and I think at the end of next season that’s a much better shot than last night, but it was an open 15’. If he made it, no one complains, except about his PT.

I saw that too.
Alan was sooo open under the side of the basket he was lonely.

For a dude w Kadary’s vision and passing, I was shocked he missed that.

And yeah, Joe’s hero ball 3’s there - the 2nd in particular - killed us.

Oh, and Marek’s missed layup where he then fell down all on his own afterwards.
nope. no foul there.
dudes fall down on open layups all the time.
And Bras missing 2 wide open 3s

Agree on the girard shot instead of pass to buddy. The Richmond miss pass I’m not remembering. But I would add 2 other key plays.

1- Guerrier on the fast break where he didn’t protect the ball and the defender picked his pocket on what should have been an easy 2.

2- The Edwards play after he knocked down 2 free throws. Next trip down the floor we got a stop and it was a fast paced possession and Edwards caught the ball running from the other end of the floor and jacked up a free throw jumper totally out of rhythm. I think he jacked that up because he just hit 2 free throws but that was a terrible decision.
The bad decision there was Kadary passing it to him.

I'll nominate sitting Jesse at the end of the 1st half after his D helped tie the game. He goes to the bench and Houston goes on 10-0 run to close out the half.

7-0.

I know the play you're talking about and I audibly noted that Kadary missed him. But where I would have screamed at Joe for missing that -- I just calmly stated it for Kadary. Such is the reality of things, Kadary has a limitless leash as far as I'm concerned (and rarely uses it)

1. Joe was just as likely to make yesterday as Buddy, but Buddy might have had a better shot, by a little.
2.That was a tough 2 points to lose.
3. Should not have passed to Jesse there, and I think at the end of next season that’s a much better shot than last night, but it was an open 15’. If he made it, no one complains, except about his PT.
I don't think the pass was for Jesse, I think it was meant for Buddy who was open on the other side. Jesse just intercepted it without realizing what was going on.

I saw that too.
Alan was sooo open under the side of the basket he was lonely.

For a dude w Kadary’s vision and passing, I was shocked he missed that.

And yeah, Joe’s hero ball 3’s there - the 2nd in particular - killed us.

Oh, and Marek’s missed layup where he then fell down all on his own afterwards.
nope. no foul there.
dudes fall down on open layups all the time.

Our dudes do. :(

How did Kadary not see Griffin on the break for an easy dunk? It almost looked intentional.

That play and Girard not rotating the ball to Buddy and taking that second consecutive 3 were critical plays that we made the first two games that were not made last night.

I saw that, too.
I've also seen people not pass Joe the ball when it looked like he was going to launch a bomb.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom