The original ACC move thread | Syracusefan.com

The original ACC move thread

MassOrange

Walk On
I wanted to go back and re-live the moments when the news broke about the move. But didn't see a way to search by date.

Are those threads / posts possible to find? Or was that on the site which must not be named.

I'm sure there are a few. I looked breifly and couldn't find it but look in pages 520-530 for a huge thread since the news officially broke Agu 19 2011.

The fun begins on page 516 with a post by Madbiker entitled SU High on ACC List - the David Glenn leaking Texas and SU and if Texas says no SU and Pitt, then skip to page 515 where the rumors of SU and Pitt putting in applications to the ACC are in several of the posts on that page and then work down from there.

Cheers,
Neil

Weird. It looks like the huge multi-page threads were removed from both the basketball and football archives. I scrolled from August-October 2011 (slow day at work) and couldnt find them.

N

S

A

url

Pop in Tommy Boy, fast forward to:

"Tommy just sold half a million brake pads!"

and you're good. :)

Probably as good a movie reference to the situation as one could come up with. Well played.

We got Kyle Lamb in that thread dropping Maryland to the b1g a full year before the move too.

We got Kyle Lamb in that thread dropping Maryland to the b1g a full year before the move too.

Yep, got to him his due there.

But in re-reading those threads from back then, he said in another one that ND would wind up in the Big Ten as well when others like Jake and myself indicated that taking SU and Pitt was a good sign that the Irish would wind up in the ACC.

Cheers,
Neil

But in re-reading those threads from back then, he said in another one that ND would wind up in the Big Ten as well when others like Jake and myself indicated that taking SU and Pitt was a good sign that the Irish would wind up in the ACC.

Cheers,
Neil
I never thought nod to the b1g made sense, they're right where they belong. Didn't reread other threads to see what Kyle said, but in their he made it clear that Maryland WAS in talks with the b1g.

I took him quite seriously but I can't imagine I believed that, hell I still can't believe they're going.

Cheers,
Neil

Of note is that if Maryland was in talks with the B1G at the time Kyle Lamb states time, they could be in a world of hurt regarding the current lawsuit with the ACC. As could be the B1G under a theory of tortious interference.

Pretty wild that sources had the Texas/B1G, Texas/ACC, Syracuse & Pitt/ACC and UMD/B1G discussions down pat. The ND discussions were probably ongoing with every conference so that would be easy enough to take in any direction.

Hat tips to KL for the UMD call and to Omni and Jake for calling the ND shot.

I read a few of those old threads. There are some great info and conversations in them.

Also, there are some great one-liners. zibby had the very best one, which made me bust out laughing...

Also, "Bless your heart" means "Fark you."
:D