The Parker charge/Rak flop | Syracusefan.com

The Parker charge/Rak flop

Lawrinson14

Master Image Editor
It's perfectly clear. It's not a magic elbow. If you watch Rak, he clearly goes back and to the left. Back and to the left.

:)

Its going to take the air out of you if you get hit in the stomach hard with a pointed elbow. Hard to make a play 1.5 seconds later.

Gentlemen: If you get hit in the bread basket hard enough to constitute a foul, your head goes forward and down, not back like Rak's did. He sold the call. Big deal. It's part of the game. It's happened before and it'll happen again. Let's get over it and move on.

I suppose Fair getting tackled on the ground wasn't a flagrant foul either. There are calls like this in college basketball.

I was thinking the other day about Jeffersons fifth foul.

How was THAT a foul but Matt Howard body slamming KJo not?

I didn't think it was a charge but a foul how he swung his elbows into Rak's arm to create separation. Rak embellished a bit but it was a clear foul to me just not a charge per se.

I was just happy that they called an offensive foul without the defender standing there like an idiot and dropping to his back at the first bit of contact. Rak was playing defense, took an elbow that he knew was coming because Parker did it all game, and made sure the refs knew he used his elbow to clear space.

That's a far cry from the "flopping" popularized by Duke where you stand there like an idiot holding your nuts, and fall straight onto your back, or where you run over and undercut the offensive player who is in the air.

it was a booger from jimmy-
over the years he has become deadly with the flick - it caused the puke dude to suddenly turn into rak

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom